When People Don’t Accept You

When People Dont Accept You

Kayla Wiggins, Reporter

Being accepted for who you are…

Most freshman know who I am, and well if you don’t, I’m Kayla and I’m a freshman here at Sahuaro and I went to Magee Middle School. If you know me, I’m a really goofy person and I love to make people happier than I ever am  because I don’t like to see people going through any other emotion than happy. I am a ballet, jazz, and hip hop dancer and I have been dancing since I was 5 years old, and until this day, I still enjoy dancing and want to continue dancing for as long as I can. My favorite subject is English and if dance was a subject, I would purposely fail that class over and over because I love dance. I also love being in the mirror and taking pictures and if you ask me why, I honestly wouldn’t have an answer because it’s just one of my favorite things to do.  And I love to do my hair. I don’t know why that is either. My zodiac sign is a Leo and they say that Leos like to be in the mirror. I have a best friend whose birthday is on August 8 and mine is on August 5, and we are almost the same person.

Since I am really different from everyone, people treat me different. Most people find me to be very weird, but mostly in a good way, but I’m not like everyone, not because I have anything wrong with me, I’m just a really jolly person. Some people don’t like me because of the way I act, and honestly, that used to offend me because if I was sad, people were like what’s wrong? But when I was happy, people looked at me funny or avoided me and I would try to figure out what the problem was and I couldn’t figure out what it was. So one day, I said you know what, I’m gonna talk to my mom about it to see if she has any advice for me because my mom has always given me the best advice when I needed it most. She said that if people don’t accept you for who you are, then they aren’t real friends and that sort of hit me because it was true. I started to see who my real friends were.

So what I started to do, was just ignore the people who treated me funny because I got to the point where I was changing my personality for everyone who weren’t happy with who I was and I started to realize this isn’t working. So I just stopped dealing with them and they eventually stopped. I was talking with an old friend, and me and her were talking about it and we said don’t let people change you. So I’m here to tell anyone that is reading this that is having a hard time being accepted for who you are, just remember that whoever doesn’t accept you, isn’t a true friend.