Sahuaro’s P.E. Choices for 2017-2018

Daniella Mahler, reporter

High school can be intense and overwhelming for parents, students, and teachers. In order to graduate high school you must have successfully completed at least one Physical Education class. Although P.E. has such a bad reputation in high school, it can be a fun and exciting class. “All the teachers involved in P.E.  strongly feel that it has short term and long term benefits. Short term being experiencing class everyday, and long term being the improvements in overall physical and emotional heath,” stated Mr. Kruszewski, one of Sahuaro’s Physical Education teachers.

Sahuaro offers many different P.E. programs, like badminton. Badminton is a competitive class that teaches necessary techniques and tactics that can be used to compete in this life long sport. Max Becker, a badminton enthusiast encourages others to sign up. “Badminton is such a fun class! Sign up if you can.”

Another class Sahuaro offers as a P.E credit is weight training. In weight training  you work out everyday, improve your strength, endurance, and appearance, while increasing your athletic ability, agility, and speed. While taking this class you can simply improve your overall health. Taking P.E programs allows you to have fun interactions on a daily bases. “It’s a fun filled adventure!” expresses Coach McKee.

Weight training for girls? Yes! We have that too. Body Conditioning II focuses on advanced training and techniques. By taking this class it will allow you to improve your muscular strength, muscular endurance, and your body composition. It will reduce the chance of injury during athletic composition. “Ever since I took this class it has really helped me improve my agility, and my balance! I really encourage my peers to take this class because it has such positive benefits,” says Victoria Becker, a sophomore who is currently taking this class.

Sahuaro offers one more body conditioning class, Body Conditioning III. This class focuses on personal fitness through a diverse selection of workout routines and activities. It introduces activities such as, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, Insanity Fitness Training, step aerobics, resistant band, and fitness ball workouts. This class includes many cross training activities, and exercises. This class will improve levels of fitness, aerobic capacity, flexibility, muscular strength, and endurance. It will also teach skills related to overall health.

Students will be registering in February for the 2017-2018 school year, so make educated choices!