• March 25ACT Aspire - Freshmen (4/22-2/23)
  • March 25ACT - Juniors (4/9)
  • March 25No School - Spring Holiday (3/29)
  • March 25Future Freshman Night - 6:00pm (3/37)
  • March 25AZ Science Test - Juniors (3/26)
  • Theaters Renaissance Festival Field Trip

Sahuaro News

Theater’s Renaissance Festival Field Trip

• Sahuaro Hosts Southern Arizona Region Festival

Sahuaro News

Sahuaro Hosts Southern Arizona Region Festival

• With Trauma Comes Mistrust

Cougar Tales

With Trauma Comes Mistrust

• Buy a Boy Some Skittles

Cougar Tales

Buy a Boy Some Skittles

• Why I believe that I am the coolest girl in the whole wide world: my journey to self-acceptance 

Cougar Tales

Why I believe that I am the coolest girl in the whole wide world: my journey to self-acceptance 

• Sahuaro Basketball Sweeps Paradise Honors

Sports

Sahuaro Basketball Sweeps Paradise Honors

• The Girls Behind the Gears

Sahuaro News

The Girls Behind the Gears

• Sahuaro Girls Varsity Basketball huddles up before their big game

Sports

Sahuaro Girls’ Varisty Basketball’s Exciting Win Against Estrella Foothills

• Seniors Shoot, They Score!

Sports

Seniors Shoot, They Score!

• Fresh Face: Nell Kpakpo

Cougar Tales

Fresh Face: Nell Kpakpo

If a social media platform restricts what you post because they don't like what you are saying, does that impede on your right to free speech?

The New Pharmaceuticals Teacher: Nikki Kyles and Her Time at Sahuaro
Montana Poe, Reporter • March 7, 2024

Mrs. Kyles is Sahuaro High School's pharmaceuticals teacher who took over the class this semester. Originally from California, she grew up in Texas. After high school, she...

Continue Reading
Discipline
Discipline
Tyler McNeal, Contributor • March 4, 2024

Tyler McNeal is interested in cinematography and enjoys scriptwriting. He would like to become an author after college. He was inspired about discipline because it is something...

Continue Reading
A Ubiquitous Home
A Ubiquitous Home
Marie Jennings, Contributor • March 4, 2024

Marie Jennings plays softball and is on the JV team. She is excited to go to Japan with Ms. Lange's tour group this summer. She wrote this essay because she believes home...

Continue Reading
Couple Spotlight: Dinorah Lagarda and Nick Ponds
Nya Brown, Reporter • February 20, 2024

Dinorah and Nick, a basketball power couple. Dinorah and Nick are both on our varsity basketball teams. They both share a number in the 20's - Dinorah's being #24 and Nick's...

Continue Reading
The Mayor of Sahuaro, Bryce Marine Bess
"The Mayor" of Sahuaro, Bryce Marine Bess
Gianna Buxenbaum, Reporter • February 19, 2024

Bryce Marine Bess is a very well-known senior, friendly with teachers and students in every grade. People may know Bryce from his athletic capabilities, the friend group...

Continue Reading
Senior Spotlight: Valerie Juarez
Senior Spotlight: Valerie Juarez
Tatum Crawford, Editor • February 13, 2024

Valerie Juarez is a remarkable senior here at Sahuaro High School. She explained that this year is her favorite because she learned how to have a good balance between studying,...

Continue Reading
View All
IOWA CITY, IOWA- MARCH 3:  Guard Caitlin Clark #22 and guard Kate Martin #20  of the Iowa Hawkeyes celebrates in the confetti after senior day festivities  after the match-up against the Ohio State Buckeyes at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on March 3, 2024 in Iowa City, Iowa.  (Photo by Matthew Holst/Getty Images)
Caitlin Clark: A Household Name in College Basketball
Mia Payette, Editor • March 4, 2024

On Sunday, March 3rd during a game against Ohio State University, Caitlin Clark became the highest-scoring player in the NCAA for Division 1 basketball - men and women. During senior night in the Carver-Hawkeye arena, Clark beat Pete "Pistol Pete" Maravich's record that was held for more than 50 years at 3,667 points. She had a 35-point game, setting the current record at 3,685. She started the...

Continue Reading
Marley Gandee, Editor-in-Chief • February 26, 2024

Sahuaro High School experienced a rare playoff occurrence this past Thursday, February 22nd. Our girls and boys' basketball teams played on the same night against the same team - the Paradise Honors Panthers - and...drumroll, please...they both won!! These games were part of round one of the 4A Arizona basketball state championships. After winning the 6 pm tip-off for the boys' game, the first...

Continue Reading
Photo From: Getty Images
The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl 58
Sarah Bol, Reporter • February 20, 2024

This past Sunday, The Kansas City Chiefs won Super Bowl LVII in Las Vegas and are now back-to-back Super Bowl champions. This is the Chief's third Super Bowl win in five years and their quarterback Patrick Mahomes's third Super Bowl MVP title. Going into the game there was a lot of pressure on both teams mainly because it's the Super Bowl, and fans of the 49ers wanted to see them beat the Chiefs...

Continue Reading
WASHINGTON, DC - FEBRUARY 13: U.S. President Joe Biden speaks on the Senates recent passage of the National Security Supplemental Bill, which provides military aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, in the State Dining Room of the White House on February 13, 2024 in Washington, DC. During his remarks Biden urged House Republicans and U.S. Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-LA) to move the legislation through the House of Representatives. (Photo by Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
Is President Biden Too Old to be Held Accountable?
Montana Poe, Reporter • March 7, 2024

A large population of Americans think President Joe Biden is too old to serve another term as president. About 86% of Americans think Biden is unfit to be president and 59% of Americans think both he and former President Donald Trump are too old.  Many Americans think Trump is too old as well to serve as president. Biden, 81, has shown slow and confused behavior. “Biden just seems to be very...

Continue Reading
The Tragedy of Wendy Williams
The Tragedy of Wendy Williams
Gianna Buxenbaum, Reporter • March 5, 2024

Wendy Williams is most well known for her bluntness on her talk show, The Wendy Williams Show. She had different sections every day on her show, including Hot Topics. She would explain the news that was happening through celebrities and be very upfront about how she felt about them. People either loved her or hated her - no in between. Wendy has recently been diagnosed with dementia, as well as aphasia;...

Continue Reading
Netflix Show Review: One Day (2024)
Netflix Show Review: One Day (2024)
Se'Kara Reed, Editor • February 29, 2024

One Day is a new drama series on Netflix based on the 2009 novel by David Nicholls. There was a 2011 movie rendition that starred Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess, but this new Netflix series has brought about a whole new fanbase for the beloved story of Emma Morley and Dexter Mayhew. Released on February 8th, One Day has been going viral on social media for its stellar acting by lead actors Ambika...

Continue Reading
Recognizing Women in Journalism
Recognizing Women in Journalism
Marley Gandee, Editor-in-Chief • February 13, 2024

Continue Reading
Dune: Part Two – The Sleeper Has Awakened

Dune: Part Two was released on March 1st, 2024. Background Dune is a science fiction novel written by Frank Herbert, published in 1965. It speaks on a variety of different topics: ecology, politics, technology, and especially religion. Many deemed the work unfilmable for its complex imagery and plot of interstellar proportions. This belief was seemingly proven true by David Lynch’s 1984 film...

Continue Reading
GettyImages
What All Happened at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards
Se'Kara Reed, Editor • February 19, 2024

The 66th Annual Grammy Awards took place on February 4th and during the night, The Recording Academy honored and celebrated artists and their music released from October 1st, 2022, to September 15th, 2023. SZA had the most nominations of the night with 9, followed by Phoebe Bridgers and Victoria Monet with 7. The night was filled with musical performances, dancing, surprises, and, of course, awards,...

Continue Reading
Blank Valentine’s Day Postcard. Happy Valentine’s day. Love concept. Beautiful modern greeting card. Stock illustration
The Essence of Valentine's Day: A Celebration of Love and Affection
Wynter Nye, Reporter • February 19, 2024

Valentine's Day, a day dedicated to expressing love and affection, has become a widely celebrated occasion across the globe. Each year on February 14th, people exchange tokens of affection, give out heartfelt messages, and spend quality time with their loved ones. The origins of this day may be traced back to ancient Roman and Christian traditions, but its contemporary significance lies in its celebration...

Continue Reading
Leap Year: What's So Special About It?
Natalie Bancroft, Reporter • February 13, 2024

This year is special -  every 4 years is a leap year, meaning we have one additional day - February 29. Instead of the usual 365 days, we have 366. To keep the calendar in sync with the Earth's revolutions around the sun, we must add this extra day. Seasons would be 10 days out of line without leap year. Seasons would also begin to drift, and they wouldn't start on the dates we would expect them to....

Continue Reading
Photo From: Getty Images
The House of Representatives Wants TikTok to be Sold to America
Sarah bol, Reporter • March 22, 2024

The House of Representatives recently voted on the ban of the social media program TikTok because of the control it has over the United States....

Where Is Kate Middleton?
Where Is Kate Middleton?
Se'Kara Reed, Editor • March 22, 2024

There is no explanation as to why society has such an insatiable curiosity about the House of Windsor royal family, but they do. From the historical...

Tucsons Wholistic Transformation: A Beacon of Hope
Tucson's Wholistic Transformation: A Beacon of Hope
Tatum Crawford, Editor • March 5, 2024

Tucson's Wholistic Transformation is a non-profit organization that strives to help give shelter and support to teens leaving foster care. They...

IVF babies
Alabama IVF Ruling
Cayle Callahan, Reporter • March 4, 2024

IVF stands for in vitro fertilization and has been used as a way to conceive for nearly 50 years. On February 16th the Alabama court proposed...

Activate Search