Will Jude Law’s Dumbledore Be Openly Gay?

Will Jude Laws Dumbledore Be Openly Gay?

Samantha Valdez, Reporter

First we had Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, a story of Newt Scamander, a young magician who arrives in 1920’s New York with his expanding case full of magical beasts.  The case accidentally opens, and it’s up to Newt and an unlikely group of friends to save N.Y.  The fantasy film is produced and written by J.K. Rowling.

Warner Bros. is now producing a sequel focusing on young Dumbledore’s life. In the Harry Potter movies, elder Dumbledore has been played by Richard Harris and Sir Michael Gambon, but now it’s Oscar-nominated Jude Law’s turn to play the famous character.

“Jude Law is a phenomenally talented actor whose work I’ve long admired and I’m looking forward to finally having the opportunity to work with him,” says David Yates, the director of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 2. But there’s another twist. Ten years ago, J.K. Rowling said Dumbledore was gay in a Fan Q&A. Fans know of Dumbledore’s mysterious and troubling past, but what else is he hiding? Grindelwald, Dumbledore’s believed love, will be played in Fantastic Beasts 2 by Johnny Depp and many fans hope they will show their love on the big screen.

Over the past few years fans have been looking for clues to Dumbledore’s sexuality. A lot of fans rely on his high fashion sense of a nice coat of any color and some heeled boots, along with his openness on many topics – he fights for the rights of others muggles, werewolves, giants, house elves. “When it came time to decide whether the marriage between Lupin the werewolf and Tonks the full-blooded witch could be considered natural, Professor Minerva McGonagall said, ‘Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world.”~Los Angeles Times.