Best of Class of 2017 – Girls

Giselle Enriquez, Editor-In-Chief

Best Hair – Ashley Crawford

What is your favorite hair style? Down and natural Who is your celebrity hair style inspiration? Pocahontas What is the craziest hair style that you have ever worn? When I was 5, I decided to cut my own hair by myself. Yikes. What products do you use in your hair (What is your styling routine)? I woke up like this.

Best Smile-McKenna Horgan

What makes you smile? Anything and everything, life itself.  Who makes you smile the most and why?  Matt Paquette, he’s so funny. Where do you go to the dentist?  Dr. Smiles.  What toothpaste brand do you use?  Crest.  Do you floss? How often? Twice a day.

Best Ride- Lena Rose

What kind car do you own? Audi TTS How/from where did you get your car? The Audi Dealership Does your car have a name? If so what? Tiffany What is you dream car? Buggatti Veyron What would be your ultimate road trip? My car isn’t exactly made for road trips.

Best Couple- Crystal Kruse & Justin Barnett

Where did you meet your significant other?At lunch in January 2016. Who has the better hair? Eyes?Justin, I guess. Do you have a nickname for the other? What is it?Handsome Who wears the pants in the relationship? Me! If a millionaire offered you $1 million to go on a date with your significant other, would you go for it? No

Most likely to be famous -Hailey Roberts

What is your biggest talent? Cheer and public speaking. What is something you’d need to improve before hitting the big screen? My fear of public speaking. Who is your favorite celebrity? Why? Kendall Jenner because she is beautiful and I love everything she does. Who is your celebrity look-alike? Emma Roberts. What do you want to be most known for? My fun, outgoing personality and all the crazy things I did senior year.

Most outgoing -Crystal Montes

Have you suffered from shyness or anxiety? If so, how have you learned to cope with it?No, I learned that everything is temporary, so why hold back? Do you enjoy presenting? If yes, what advice would you give to others who dislike it?I do enjoy presenting. I just think and know no one will judge you, because they probably notice more if you notice. What advice would you give someone who is shy and doesn’t do well in large groups?Be yourself and don’t hold back. What do most people not know about you?I have 2 dads.

Best dressed- Lily Merritt

Where do you buy your clothes? Forever 21, the clearance rack at Target, and thrift stores What is your favorite brand or style? Free People… I’ll afford it one day. What trends do you love? Which do you hate? I don’t have a trend that I hate. I think everyone looks good in whatever they feel best in. I like changing my style and trends. What is the ugliest piece of clothing you own? My cockroach leggings. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? About an hour and a half.

Most school spirit-Emilee Homan

How do you express your school spirit? Always participating in spirit week, going to all the sports games and dressing in the theme they picked. Always supporting theater and clubs, advertising things for the school, and loving the people here. What is the craziest thing you’ve worn for spirit week? I think junior or sophomore year I wore a coconut bra, Hawaiian shirt, grass skirt and carried a pineapple. What do you wish could have been included in spirit week? I think a gender bender or workout day would have been pretty cool. What do you love the most about Sahuaro? That we are like one big family. We might not always get along but we always have each other’s back and support one another. We’re also a school that knows how to have fun.

Most well known on campus -Tatyana Torres

What make you so known throughout the school? I’m very friendly and outgoing. How many people do you greet or talk to in the hallway every day? Too many people to keep track of. What do you think is the first thing that comes to mind when people hear your name? Love to have fun and laughter. What actor/actress would play you in a movie? Mila Kunis What do you like the best about your personality? That I’m so outgoing and not shy. I like that I’m not afraid to be myself and that no matter who I’m around, I can always have a good time.

Most athletic-Brielle Sterns

What sports were you involved in and how long have you been playing each sport? Track for 8 years, and volleyball for 6 What is your favorite sports team? Warriors What is your best sports-related memory? When we beat Ironwood 2 years in a row. What has been your worst injury while doing a sport? I haven’t had any really bad injuries.

Prettiest Eyes-Vanessa Centorami

Who do you get yours eyes from? No one – everyone has brown eyes. Are your siblings or friends jealous of your eyes? Probably What do you like about your eyes? They give me vision; without them I wouldn’t be able to see Zoe Kravits. What’s the best compliment you’re ever received about your eyes? “Freak Of Nature” If you completely lost your vision, what would you miss seeing the most?  My dog and myself.

Most likely to succeed-Kendal Larson

Who is your biggest inspiration?My parents, specifically my dad because he has overcome so much to provide for my family. What is the one thing you wish you were better at? I wish I was better at writing and playing the piano. What career path do you intend to follow?I am going to study business. Do you think you’ll ever be as successful as Donald Trump?I will be extremely more successful, even if I ‘m not the president of the United States. Now that the pressure to be successful is upon you, what will you tell people at  your ten-year reunion if you’re not successful?I simply wouldn’t come.

Funniest-Carly Cahoon

Tell us the funniest thing that has ever happened to you? I almost killed my brother in the womb because I was kicking him to death. As a result, they had to take us out prematurely. To answer the question, the funniest thing that has ever happened to me has been the pleasure to watch him grow into a big goof ball he is today. What is the funniest joke you have told? I have never told a joke before. I think I got nominated for this because I look funny. What is the best prank you have pulled on a person or had pulled on you? I woke my brother up by shoving a hot dog in his mouth. Who is your favorite comedian and why? Steve Cahoon, maybe it’s because he’s my twin, but he’s just funny to look at and observe when he thinks no one is watching. This combined with some of the silly stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Most likely to become POTUS-Giselle Enriquez

What would be your campaign slogan? Unite U.S. If you had to pick a Sahuaro student for a running mate, who would it be? I know it says student, but I’m going to cheat and say Ms. Krause. She’s too woke to not pick her. If you were to be impeached, what do you think would be the cause? I’m not sure to be honest. I’m really not trying to go down like South Korea’s first female president. What is great about America already? The people.

Best artist-Camila Ibarra

Who/what inspires you the most? My mom was an artist and always helps me improve. She inspires me and pushes me to do better. What is your favorite popular piece of art? The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. What original piece are you most proud of and why? I really like my expressive self portrait because it describes me well and is the most abstract thing I’ve done. I’m used to doing realistic portraits so this was fun for me. If you were commissioned to create a great piece of art, what would you make? And where would you want it displayed? I guess it just depends on what they want, but I’m usually commissioned to created portraits. I would use either acrylic or colored pencils. I would want my piece displayed on a public wall for people to see:)

Best thespian-Nora Thompson

What is your favorite movie or play? My favorite movie is the Brother’s Grim. My favorite play is Rabbit Hole. Do you ever get stage fright? If so, how do you cope with it? I’ve never actually gotten stage fright, although once during a competition I started shaking, but once I was in front of the audience I was fine. What has been your favorite role that you’ve played? Why?My junior year I played the villain in the play The Red Velvet Cake Wars. That was really cool, I’m not even usually evil. Who is your favorite actor/actress? Why? Definitely Chris Pratt. He’s everything I want in a man. What celebrity scandal would you most likely be involved in later in life? Killing my husband

Best friends- McKenna Horgan & Crystal Montes

McKenna Horgan

When and how did you meet? We met in six grade. The first day of six grade we had class together and talked each other’s ears off. Favorite/least favorite thing about each other? She’s so goofy, I don’t have a least favorite. What do you think your life would be like if you two hadn’t met? It wouldn’t be as wild and fun If you two were in a movie who would play what? Amanda Seyfried would play Crystal, Anne Hathaway would play me. Do you think you’ll be friends forever? Yes, Crystal is like a sister to me. Wouldn’t want to live without her. If you two were stuck on a deserted island who would survive and who would go crazy? Honestly I would go crazy and she would survive.

Crystal Montes

When and how did you meet?6th grade. What do you think your life would be like if you two hadn’t met? Oh my god, less reckless for sure. #PartnerInCrime Favorite/least favorite thing about each other? She can get along with literally anyone, she doesn’t find things awkward or weird, and I admire her for it. If you two were in a movie who would play what? I would play Rapunzel and she would play Ariel Do you think you’ll be friends forever? No doubt, for all eternity!! She’s just a keeper. If you two were stuck on a deserted island who would survive and who would go crazy? McKenna would survive and I would go crazy and probably kill myself.

Best laugh-Michelle Miller

What makes you laugh? When people are being shady. Also puns…bad ones. What is the funniest joke you know? I don’t like jokes. How would you describe your laugh? It sounds fake. Like a bird choking a bit. One time I was hung up on because of it. Do you think your laugh is better or worse than Chanel West Coast’s? I think mine’s better. Her laugh’s just annoying.

Best Snapchat Stories-Alyssa Parra

What are your tips for angles and lighting? Always do the side of the face with the phone slanted. Best lighting is driving in the front seat of a car. What Snapchat picture are you most proud of? Anything that I took when I went to New York for the summer. Q: What did you get the most responses for on your story? Matteo being in the hospital, because everyone is in love with that man. Whose story do you enjoy watching the most? A: Chrissy Teigan

Most involved-Madison Baity

What clubs and activities have you been involved in at school? Student Council, NHS, Varsity Volleyball, all assemblies, homecoming, prom, spirit week, blood drives What has been your favorite activity/event? Student Council and putting on the senior prom!! Is there anything you didn’t do that you wish you would have? I tried to go all out my senior year so, no! Is there anything you were involved in that you wished you hadn’t been? No! I had a blast at everything I was a part of and I’m so happy that I was really involved all throughout high school.

Best musician-Lylah Field

What instrument(s) do you play? I sing classically, play saxophone, guitar, and I’m working on bag-pipes. Who gave you your first  instrument and what was it? My first instrument was given to me by a family friend named Maverick, it was a guitar. How often do you practice? Voice: 20+ hours a week Guitar: 5+ hours a week What is the worst part of playing it? Since my main instrument is my body, it’s difficult when I get sick because I have performance obligations. Who is your all-time favorite musician and why? David Bowie, I have him tattooed on my arm. I love that he can take extremely diverse genres of music and find a way to relate it to his audience. He was also just a great human, and I really feel like he is starting an after-life secret society with Alan Rickman and Carrie Fischer.

Best nickname-Giselle Enriquez

What is your nickname? Giz Do you like your nickname? It’s better than Gigi. What is the story behind your nickname? It was another typical afternoon in Sophomore World History. We had a sub, and I was sitting right next to my pal Alex Daniel. The sub was calling names for attendance and when she called out mine, instead of pronouncing my name as “Giselle,” she said “Gizelle.” The whole class giggled, and Alex yelled out “Giz!” The nickname has followed me ever since.

Biggest heart-Stephanie Rascon

What is the kindest thing you have done for someone? Trying to make people feel special What are daily acts of kindness you do? Talk to people and see how they’re doing, if something’s bothering them I try my best to help them. Also, smile. What is the meanest thing you have ever done to someone? Possibly have given sass or unknowingly offended somebody with something I said. Other than you, who do you think has the biggest heart? Kendal Larson

Most likely to own their own restaurant- Destiny Zaragosa

Where is your favorite place to eat? Mama Louisa’s What kind of restaurant would you want to own? What kind of food would you serve? 5 star/ high class Italian restaurant. I would serve homemade pasta and sauces. What would be the theme? Would it be modern or retro? Old Italy. Where would you want to have your restaurant? Downtown L.A. What is the grossest/weirdest thing you have ever eaten?Cow brain tacos.