High School Musical Ten Years Later

High School Musical Ten Years Later

Gabby Goldentyer, Staff Writer

It has been ten years since the greatest movie of all time, High School Musical, came out. This movie played such a big role in my childhood. The first time I watched it I was seven years old. I instantly fell in love with everything about the movie. There are so many iconic scenes like Troy’s dancing with basketballs, the scene with Gabriella simping through the hallways of the school and of course, “We’re All In This Together.” Not to mention, each song on that soundtrack is a bop and the dances are undeniably cold. Now, ten years later, I still make references to that movie on a regular basis. Recently, the cast got together again for a reunion where they reminisced on the greatness of their movie. It was so amazing to see the cast all together again and to see that they are all still friends after ten years. Except for one person. Zac Efron did not show up. I understand that Zac has a really successful acting career and is making movies 24/7, but how could he not show up for one day to make this reunion? Not gonna lie though, no matter what he does, Zac Efron can’t disappoint me. It’s been ten years of High School Musical, and ten years of him being the love of my life. As a huge fan of High School Musical, this reunion was incredible and I will continue to watch this movie until the twentieth reunion.