“Guy Talk” Explained

Lukas VanProosdy, Reporter

What is guy talk? Well their website says “We are a private, community-based, non-profit organization serving children, youth, and families.” Guy Talk’s goal is to build stronger communities and help children reach their full potential. Their family-oriented programs help make children and families more resilient. Being a parent can be hard enough. but some parents have a harder time. That can be caused by a number of problems, like if they have a child with developmental disabilities, are living in poverty, or not being able to provide for their children. Guy talk tries to help with those situations with in-home Family Support Specialists that teach parents how to overcome the challenges listed above and be the best parents they can be. They also have programs for youth that teach teens about safe sex, to be comfortable with their bodies, choices and how to be good leaders. Guy Talk will be visiting Sahuaro four times in the next few weeks on: March 8th, 15th, 29th and April 5th. The workshops are all on Wednesdays from 2:20pm to 4:20pm and will be going on in room 308.  All the activities and interactions are positive, fun, and enjoyable, so if you are a freshman guy then give it a try. It is a free five-week program with snacks included.  Pre-registration is required.  Go online to: www.childfamilyresources.org/guytalk or see Ms. Genung in the Activities Office.