Sahuaro’s School Picnic Tradition Returns

Sahuaros School Picnic Tradition Returns

Lily Merritt, Opinion Editor

For years Sahuaro had upheld the tradition of a school-wide picnic in May to celebrate the ending of another school year and start of summer. This annual day of fun in the sun that students looked forward to at the end of each school year suddenly came to an end about five years ago and has never been picked back up until now.

On May 12, Student Council is bringing back the school’s summer fun day. The picnic will include inflatables, music, and food vendors. It can be compared to our annual Homecoming tailgate, where clubs can sell treats and provide games to fundraise, only bigger and better. Student Body Treasurer, Ryan Depugh, came up with the idea of giving the picnic another try and has taken on the responsibilities of putting on the production. Despite the chaos that comes with coordinating such a big event, he is looking forward to it, “I think it will be a great way to unify the school. I also think that it will be a fun and successful event that will continue in the future.”

United in Color, National Honors Society, and the Science Club are just a few Sahuaro clubs that you can expect to see selling drinks and snacks on the field. So, bring your cash and friends for a Friday afternoon of fun and games!