Sahuaro’s Positivity Wall

Sidney Moyers, Associate Editor-in-Chief

The world we live in isn’t always very kind and schools are some of the main places you’ll encounter some of the nicest and also the meanest people. That being said, it is important to remember to spread kindness and make yourself, as well as others, smile when you’re able to.

The Paper Cut has decided to fight against the recent antisemitism and hate that is so prevalent in schools by putting up a positivity wall in the lower 200 building where you can leave nice messages or quotes that will make you and others smile.

Senior Chynna Potter commented on her thoughts about the wall and said, “I like it. I hope that students will respect it.” So far, we’ve been lucky enough to have mostly positive responses, and the first day was a hit. The wall was filled with fun, caring quotes and students really seemed to enjoy it.

Students aren’t the only ones who have fallen in love with the wall, administration and teachers alike have talked about how amazing it is and how it’s truly a positive addition to the school, with our principal, Mr. Estrella, stating “the positivity wall is a wonderful way to combat [the negativity and a] wonderful example of an appropriate reaction.” He explained that it’s difficult to deal with hate at school because you are unable to know what others’ reactions will be so he thinks that this is a good way for us to handle it while admin handles the rest.