Trayvion White-Austin’s Got Moves

Laura Mejia, Sports Editor

Attention Sahuaro!! We have an athletic superstar on our hands. Junior, Trayvion White-Austin is a star in the making. Not only is he good at football but track as well.

His high school football career thus far has been amazing. He has been playing football since he was just 6 years old. Being a smaller guy in football is not the easiest thing to do but he makes is work. Trayvion sits at 5’5 and is 125 pounds. This season he made the second region southern Arizona football team for recieiver and kick returner. When asked what his favorite thing about the sport was he said, “I like juking people out and getting the touchdowns.”

Trayvion’s highschool track career has been far more extent. As of lately he has been getting looks from a bunch of different colleges for his outstanding talents in the sports. His personal record for high jump is 6’2. His personal record for long jump is 23′ 4 and in the 2017 state competition for Arizona he placed third for it. In the 100-meter run in the 2017 state competition he placed sixth with his personal record being 10.81 seconds. This past summer he also attended the Junior Olympics held in Kansas with his club track team, Tucson Elite. He placed ninth for long jump.

Trayvion says he wants to go to a division one school and when asked if he had any school in particular he said, The U of A. He’s on the path to becoming a Sahuaro Legend. Keep in mind he has accomplished all of this at 16. Keep your eyes out for this one.