• October 4Blood Drive October 16th

• September 22FALL BREAK October 8-12

• September 22Teacher Grading Day October 5

Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Amanda Mourelatos, Community Builder and A&E Editor

Freshman Kirsten Weisbrod tried out for the Sahuaro cheer squad and landed a spot on the team as one of two freshmen, along with Leslie Andrade. Since she’s been a cheerleader for 10 years, she has quite a bit of skill and knowledge under her belt.  She said tryouts weren’t as bad as she imagined and they were “not as bad as they make it seem in the Bring It On movies”. During tryouts, Kirsten didn’t expect to make any of the cheer squads, so making varsity was like a dream come true for her. She also mentioned, “Being one of the only freshman doesn’t really intimidate me because I am pretty confident in my capabilities. Not going to lie, there have been a few times I was scared I wasn’t doing good enough for my team and my coaches.”

Kirsten told me that throughout the season, she has made many friends and created several bonds within her team which she “finds so amazing to be able to grow personally and as a whole with my teammates”. When asked what she learned this season so far, she replied, “To never look down upon yourself and to keep your head up and self expectations high because you never know what lies ahead of you. That’s what makes it even more fulfilling to me personally because I get to watch myself grow in many ways I would have never imagined myself growing or getting to do these kinds of things and that is what really motivated me most during all my years of cheer is just the feeling of excitement when I push myself. I pushed myself to believe I could do something I never thought I had the capability of doing and that lifted my confidence altogether.” With enough faith, confidence, and pep, Kirsten proved that the impossible isn’t always as impossible as it seems.

Amanda Mourelatos, Associate Editor-in-Chief

Amanda Mourelatos is a sophomore at Sahuaro High School and the Associate Editor in Chief of The Paper Cut. She is a soccer player who has been playing for over 10 years. She also plays vibraphone in the marching band and plays drum set for fun. Also, she adores rock music and she attends rock concerts very frequently; she will have attended 12 concerts in 5 years at the end of 2018. She enjoys reading, painting, and drawing in her free time to calm her. Her friends describe her as sweet, supportive, understanding, and eccentric. She enjoys making others smile and laugh. Also, Amanda is very easy- going and loves to live in the moment. She has a strong passion for photography and shares the passion with her dad. She has always been better in English than math and embraces it through writing. She loves to nerd out and embrace her love for different television shows, books, and music by quoting them constantly. You will come to find that Amanda is an outgoing, well rounded, and approachable young lady that is just trying to live life to the fullest.

1 Comment

One Response to “Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy”

1. Jarilyn on February 12th, 2018 9:22 am

Good job friend

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Senior Spotlight: Justin Scott

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Sahuaro Soccer Tryout Info

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Tiger Woods Wins His First Championship in 5 Years

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Stop With the Rule Changes

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Sahuaro Slams Sunnyside!!!!-50th Homecoming Game

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Serena Williams Controversial 2018 US Open Explained

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

40th Annual Rick Botkin Memorial Game This Friday

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

Colin Kaepernick and Nike’s Burnt Ad

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

The Sahuaro’s Golf Team Is Everything But Sub-Par

• Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy

Sports

European Golf Champion Found Dead in lowa

Kirsten Weisbrod Keeps Sahuaro Peppy