Pima Community College Pima Merit Scholarship

Rhea Rohr, Editor-in-Chief

The Pima Community College Pima Merit Scholarship is awarded to Pima County residents that have recently grad-
uated from a Pima County high school, or have completed their GED, between 7/17/17 and 6/30/18. Eligible applicants must have graduated with an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher, or completed their GED with an average test score of 165 or higher.
Students must show on their application that they have experience with leadership and/or community service. Applicants must be a resident of Pima County, eligible for general (in-state) tuition, and have not already received another tuition waiver or similar form of aid. Students must be enrolled at PCC for the fall semester immediately following high school graduation. The application is available online and requires admission to PCC and a MyPima username for access to the online application.
The scholarship is awarded for two academic years, fall and spring semesters only. This scholarship covers up to 16 credits of general in-state tuition, including the associated Student Services fees and Technology fees. Books and certain fees are not covered. These funds are non-refundable.
Application Deadline: 4/15/2018
Award Notification: 5/11/2018
Essay Question (300 words): How will earning this scholarship help you attain your educational goals?
Who Can Apply/Who Is Eligible? Pima County residents that have recently graduated from a Pima County high school, or have completed their GED, between 7/17/17 and 6/30/18.
Scholarship Covers:
• Four consecutive semesters
• Fall/spring semesters only (summer not included)
• 16 credits In-State General Tuition and Fees (Course Fees not covered)
To Be Eligible:
• Graduate with an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher, or complete the GED with an average test score of 165 or higher
• Pima Community College admissions (MyPima username required)
HOW TO APPLY FOR MERIT SCHOLARSHIP:
> Apply for admissions to Pima
> Activate MyPima account
> Login to MyPima Account
> Complete scholarship general application and complete PCC Merit Scholars application, including 300-word essay
> Submit GPA verification form (with counselor’s signature)

If You Are Selected
You must submit a high school transcript or equivalent after graduation and attend a Pima Scholarship Orientation.

For more information, contact [email protected]