Demi Lovato’s Drug Addiction “Road to Recovery”

Source%3A+bing.com

Source: bing.com

Jamie Beck, Reporter

Demi Lovato is a 25-year-old American singer, songwriter, actress, and author who has been struggling with her drug addiction for cocaine since she was 17. When Demi was in high school she wasn’t very popular and was bullied. A student from her school suggested she should go to parties; that is when she first tried cocaine and has been doing it since. So because she was bullied for so many years, drinking came first then the drugs. On July 24th, 2018 she was rushed to the hospital after a drug overdose. Demi Lovato remained in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for almost two weeks. After her overdose, she experienced nausea and fevers for six days. After she got checked out of the medical center she entered herself into an inpatient rehab facility.

In an interview Demi Lovato explains how she couldn’t go 30 minutes to an hour without using cocaine, sometimes she would smuggle the drugs onto planes. She would wait for everyone on the plane to fall asleep and use the drug right on the plane; most of the time she would do it in the bathroom.

Before Demi Lovato’s overdose, she had made an album hinting to the problems she was having. One of the songs she recently released was “Sober” explaining how she wasn’t sober anymore and how sorry she was. A quote from the song said, “Momma, I’m so sorry I’m not sober anymore and daddy, please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor.” She has always been very open about her addiction and wants to change for the better for her family and her fans.

UPDATE: Demi Lovato has checked out of rehab over ninety days sober. (11/6)