Cast Your Votes for StuCo Freshmen Elections!

Jocelyn Reeder, Reporter

Freshmen – wondering how you can get involved in high school life? Make decision on assemblies, fundraisers and dance.  Elections are here! All freshmen can run for all the freshmen offices. These include President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Senator. Besides the elections, there will also be members-at-large.

A President is “in charge”of the freshmen class, with the help of the Vice President. The treasurer is in charge of dealing with the finances. The secretary is in charge of keeping notes during the business meetings. A Senator is “the voice” of the freshmen class, meaning they try to talk to the students to make sure their opinions stay vital in the school. The member-at-large is for kids who do not want to be an officer, but they still want to be a part of Student Council.

Only freshmen are allowed to vote for freshmen, but when the student body elections arrive at the end of the year, every class is allowed to vote. To be an officer, you have to have a 3.o GPA or higher. The results for the officers will probably be  1-2 days after the elections. The reason for the delay was because the announcements were not being said and it was just a rough situation. The freshmen also could not make it to take the test and the student body felt freshmen needed more time.

The student body promoted freshmen elections by having posters on every floor and even in the bathrooms. Mr. Shingler, StuCo adviser, emailed all the freshmen English classes, so ask your English teacher for more information.

Lucy Rojo, in charge of the freshmen body, stated, “Bring bright ideas and step out of your comfort zone.” It is a safe environment and all ideas are welcomed. “Don’t be afraid to fail. If you don’t get the position you want, you are still a part of Student Council being a member-at-large. No one is going to make you feel bad about your ideas,” reported Courtney Walker, also in charge of the freshmen body.