• November 3Football Game: Sahuaro VS Seton Catholic Prep @ 7

Nicki VS. Cardi- an Update

Jordan Myers, Entertainment Editor

On Monday, October 29th, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B had it out in the public eye…again. The back and forth seemed to have started with Nicki using her Beats 1″Queen Radio” show to deny claims made by Cardi’s sister that she had leaked Cardi’s phone number. She claimed that she never leaked a number and blamed her fans.

Nicki said on air, “You can’t control your sister, but you want me to control millions of fans? I’ve never leaked a number in my life and y’all continue to lie on me to make me look like a bad person.”

Nicki also claimed that Rah Ali, her friend, was actually the one to give Cardi her forehead knot the night of the altercation.

“Rah really, really beat Cardi’s a** bad. Rah beat you so bad, I was mad at Rah. You went home and told people security hit you, and we let that ride for legal reasons,” Minaj said

Later Monday, Cardi B posted a series of videos ranting about Nicki for her obvious lies. She presented evidence including an audio file.

She touched on the alleged Rah Ali incident with, “This my thing Nicki Minaj, how you say that I got ‘ragged’ by Rah Ali when there’s so many footages of that night, every single angle, and where am I getting ‘ragged’ at? And second of all, how you say that I was the wild animal, that i attacked you, that you was mortified, that you was humiliated, playing the victim but now you the gangsta? You needa pick a side, do you want to be the victim or do you want to be the gangsta? You lie so much you can’t even keep up with your f***** lies. First you saying that your cameraman got the footage, but now you talking about you wanna pay somebody a hundred thousand if they give you the footage? I thought you was the victim, I know what there’s footage of, you standing on the wall talking about ‘I’m standing right here’ Ms. Chun Li ‘the street fighter’.”

She presented her text messages and it was filled with threats and insulting messages. The threats were about knowing Cardi’s address and letting her know that her daughter, Kulture, was an easy target. It’s still unknown who leaked her number. But in her videos, Cardi B showed millions of viewers Nicki’s phone number while showing her call log.

Nicki recently collaborated with Little Mix and came out with the song “Woman Like Me”. On Cardi’s eighth rant video, she commented on the song and said:

“I had to decline it because I’m doing a lot of pop records, so I can’t, you know, over-exaggerate myself. But that came to me first, and then they give it to you.”

The next day, October 30th, Little Mix contradicted her comment and said, “We love and respect both Nicki and Cardi B. Both were approached by our label to work with us on Woman Like Me, Nicki then Cardi. We went with Nicki because like we’ve said over and over for years, it’s been a dream of ours to work with her since the beginning. We have nothing but love and positivity for both Nicki and Cardi.”

Little Mix took to Twitter again and claimed that they approached Nicki first. But that doesn’t quite add up… Cardi played the song off of her phone and it contained an open verse. Why would she have the audio clip if she wasn’t approached first?

While all of this was going on, Cardi B and Nicki Minaj seemed to have called a truce. Cardi screenshotted Nicki’s tweet (shown left)and posted to Instagram saying “Alright then!”

Cardi B has since deleted all videos off of Instagram but they can be found here.

Jordan Myers, Entertainment Editor

Jordan Myers is a Freshman at Sahuaro High School and the Entertainment Editor for The Paper Cut. In his time away from school he enjoys scrolling through...