Fine Arts Classes You’ll Want to Register For

Jordan Myers, Entertainment Editor

With registration coming up, it’s important that you know what classes you are eligible for. Options for fine arts classes at Sahuaro are different based on what grade you’re in and/or what fine arts class you’re currently in.

Art classes include Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Art.

Instrumental classes: Piano, Intermediate Orchestra and Chamber & Advanced Orchestras, Beginning Guitar and Advanced Guitar, Marching Band/Color Guard(S1) and Indoor Drumline(S2), Beginning Band, Wind Ensemble, and Jazz Band.

Choir classes include Mixed, Advanced-Mixed, Concert, and Intermediate Women’s Choir.

Theatre classes: Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Theatre Arts as well as Introduction to Directing (Advanced Theatre students only).

Ceanna Esquibel, a Beginner’s Theatre student says that anyone can and should join the class and also said, “Once you join the class, everyone becomes a mini family and you get to make more friends. You bond a lot especially when you have to perform because you feel all nervous and scared but you have someone to relate to and feel those things with you by your side, and you get to keep those fun memories with you.”

Alex Rios, a student in Orchestra 6, said: “Mr. Marrs is one of the funniest and coolest teachers I’ve ever had. Everyone in the class is very friendly. It’s like a big family. Also, Mr. Marrs knows what he’s doing and can teach you a lot.”

Kayley Wipfa beginner student in Guitar 1, said: “People should really join guitar class because it’s a fun and challenging experience. I think everyone should learn an instrument – it’s really fun.”

Your counselors will be coming to your Social Studies classes to register you for any elective of your choice.