CTE Class Options For Next Year

From Google Images

From Google Images

Marcela Marcial, Beat Investigator - Featured Athlete

Don’t know what classes to choose for your electives next year? Well you came to the right place. Sahuaro is filled with different electives for art, music, auto, physical education and more. Here is a list of CTE classes so you can have choices to choose from.

CTE stands for Career and Technical Education. CTE classes are automotive technologies, culinary arts, digital photography, engineering, graphic and web design, software and app design, and lastly sports medicine and rehabilitation.

1.) Culinary Arts

From Google Images

In this class you will learn food production, kitchen safety, food arrangement, and learning methods for cooking and baking. Culinary is only for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. There are four classes for culinary that you can choose from depending on how advanced you want to be.

2.) Digital Photography

From Google Images

If you’re a student who has done photography before, then this is the class for you. Here you will learn how to improve picture quality, setting up a camera, taking photos, how to set up a studio, and how to use photo art equipment like editing. Digital Photography has two class levels (1,2 and 3,4). These classes are available for freshmen and sophomores.

3.) Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation

From Google Images

In sports medicine you will learn about prevention, recognition, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries, first aid, AED and CPR, nutrition, conditioning, and fitness. This class is only for sophomores, juniors and seniors. This class can be counted as a health credit. Sports medicine has two different types of classes. You can either chosen between Sports Med/Athletic Training 1,2 or Sports Medicine Lab 1,2.

4.) Engineering

From Google Images

Engineering is a class only for juniors and seniors. It’ll teach you the design processes, how things are made, solar oven design, and 3D design using solid works. Engineering can possibly help you get a University of Arizona Dual enrollment credit for juniors and seniors who are enrolled in pre-calculus or higher. There are two different types of engineering classes: Exploring Engineering 1,2 and Problem Solving & Engineering Design 3,4.

5.) Automotive Technologies

From Google Images

Love working with cars? Then this is the class for you. You will learn automotive maintenance, safety when working on cars, using hand/ power tools, brakes, suspension, electrical and of course the vehicle and engine. This class is available for all grades. Automotive Technologies has four classes, levels 1-8.

6.) Graphic and Web Design

From Google Images

Here you will learn how to capture data, manipulation by using Blender, pre-production/planning, production creation and how to use art on a computer. Graphic and web design has only one class, Graphic/Web Design 1,2. It is available for freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors.