• April 5Prom 2k19 The Key To Our Palace: April 26th 8pm-Midnight at Skyline Country Club

• January 9SENIORS: Submit Yearbook Quotes to [email protected]

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before 2!!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before 2!!!

Samantha Valdez, Opinions Editor

Many of us (I really mean all) have seen the movie, ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ (probably 100 times). There’s just something about Peter and Laura Jean that makes our hearts melt. If you haven’t seen the movie, basically it’s about a girl named Laura Jean who writes love letters to the boys she likes, she addresses them, stamps them, but never sends them. One day Laura’s younger sister is afraid Laura Jean will end up alone, because of this, she ends up mailing all the secret letters because hey, 5 different letters means five different chances. Four of the five letters are received by the very different boys.  One of them, Peter Kavinsky, is a boy Laura liked in the 7th grade.  He confronts Laura then due to several events the two start a fake relationship. However, the feelings they have for each other are inevitable. Well luckily for all the fans out there Netflix is going to release its sequel, ‘To All the Boys I’ve Ever Loved Before’ Sequel “P.S. I Love You.”

All the actors have new and different ideas for the second movie. First, there is a possibility that Kitty (Anna Cathcart) will finally get that puppy she’s been asking for. In the book, Kitty sets her dad up on a date with their neighbor because she is afraid that he will get lonely as well, so that’s one idea that she really wants to happen. Lana Condor (Laura Jean) want a very specific scene from the book to also appear in the movie, at one point in the book her and a new love John Ambrose go to a nursing home, “I love when Lara Jean and John Ambrose go to the [nursing] home. I love the snow… that moment when John Ambrose and her are in the snow playing… That’s just really romantic to me.” I know what you’re thinking whatttt neww lovee??? and the answer is yes, there is the idea of new love, like in the book. Noah (Peter) however has admitted that he is ready for some friendly competition over Laura Jean. “Lana is a little nervous about being the one to do it, you know, considering Noah’s hundreds of thousands of adoring fans and the possibility of some sort of backlash from them.” Once on The Ellen Show, Lana talked about how they are actually looking for someone who has the same charisma as Peter but it is a really hard thing to find.

Well no matter what this new sequel has in store for us, keep an eye out for new updates. All of the actors have admitted to being very excited to work together again and we are too. One more thing… if anyone makes Team Peter or Team John shirts, order me a small. Team Peter! 🙂

Samantha Valdez, Opinion Editor

Samantha Valdez is a junior at Sahuaro High School and this is her second year in The Paper Cut. She absolutely loves all animals, especially horses....