Drama’s Deviating Delivery Drama

Jordan Myers, Entertainment Editor

On January 1st, 2019, Ms. Rossmeissl and her partner welcomed their New Year’s Day baby boy into the world. Conrad Randall Strong came into the world a surprising two months early at 9:47 pm, weighing three pounds and four ounces, only measuring sixteen inches in length.

Ms. Rossmeissl, the Theater teacher at Sahuaro, was expected to have her baby around March but her baby boy, Conrad, decided to come a whopping two months early, causing a stir in the Drama department. Mr. Smith, a substitute at Sahuaro, was scheduled to take over as a long-term substitute for Ms. Rossmeissl after Rodeo Break (Feb.21-22) but ended up subbing at the beginning of the second semester.

Mr. Smith has been a teacher for a little over a year, only teaching as a substitute. Filling in for Ms. Rossmeissel is the longest substituting job he’s ever done. He has starred in over twenty performances including Inspecting Carol, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Midsummer Night Dream. 

Mr. Smith in the play ‘Midsummer Night Dream’

“About two years ago I was selling apartments and I hated it. One day, a friend of mine suggested that I become a teacher. She said ‘you need to just become a teacher, you love kids, you’re good with kids and you’re going to enjoy it a lot more than selling apartments.’ and I do.”

Mr. Smith and his temporary office.

On May 2nd and 3rd, the Beginning Theater class will be performing their one acts and Advanced Drama students will be performing February 28th. Intermediate’s show will be on March 20th.

Ms. Rossmeissl will be back next school year and Mr. Smith will continue to substitute around TUSD.

Happy Birthday, Conrad!🎉