Five Fun Things to do in March

photo from google images

photo from google images

Jocelyn Reeder, Editor-in-Chief

Spring Break is just around the corner and you know what that means…… time to catch up on your sleep!! If you actually want to leave the house and hang out with your friends then here is a list of things to do in March.

Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair:

The Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair brings together 400+ arts/crafts booths, 35+ food vendors, two entertainment stages, street performers and much more! You can go with family and friends. From: March 22-March 24. Time: 10 AM to Dusk. The location is on Fourth Avenue.

Museums:

International Wildlife Museum is kid friendly and a lot of fun to learn about the wildlife in Arizona. It is located on 4800 W. Gates Pass Road. The museum is open weekdays from 9-5 and weekends from 9-6. Cost: $10 adults and $5 for kids. The Desert Museum is also open daily from 7:30 am to 5 pm. It is located on 2021 N. Kinney Road. Cost: $18.95 adults and $10.95 kids.

Colossal Cave:

The tours are about 45 minutes and appropriate for little kids as well. Cost: $16 for adults, $8 for children, and it is free for kids 4 and under. Kids older than 12 can do a longer and more strenuous ladder tour. Colossal Cave is located on 16721 E. Old Spanish Trail. The tours run daily from 9 am till 4 pm.

The Arizona State Museum:

It is located on The University of Arizona campus and it is a wonderful way to learn about indigenous and Native cultures of Arizona. The Museum offers self-guided children’s activities for various exhibits such as field journals, and many other activities to enhance the children’s museum visit. The museum is open Monday-Saturday, 10am to 5pm. Admission for adults is $8 and children 17 and younger are free.

Amusement Parks:

Amusement Parks are so much fun especially going with your family and friends. Golf-n-Stuff, Funtasticks, or Trail Dust Town are all really good places. Funtasticks and Golf-n-Stuff are open mostly all day Monday-Friday. Trail Dust Town is open Monday-Friday, 5pm-9pm and Saturday/Sunday from 12pm-9pm.