Senior Q&A with Caleb Rognlien

Nathalia Valdez, Social Media & Communications

What has been your best memory at Sahuaro?

My best memory from Sahuaro is definitely the group of seniors I would hang out with my junior year. Last year I was the only junior, but all the seniors were so kind and respectful towards everyone’s opinion and I feel like that was genuinely amazing.

Name one of your favorite faculty at Sahuaro, and why.

My favorite faculty member is Mrs. Stevenson because she’s always super organized, she always has everything planned out, and she’s super understanding. If you can’t turn something in on time, and explain the situation to her, she is willing to give an extension on it.

If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be?

Berlin, Germany. Something I’ve always wanted to see is the Berlin Wall. Also my grandmother is from somewhere in that area. I would like to get some cultural background and see what it was like where she lived.

What are your plans after high school?

After high school I plan to study pulmonology, the study of lungs, because most of my childhood I struggled with asthma. I always knew I wanted to study something in the medical field, but finally decide to study pulmonology after my asthma returned after being gone for almost ten years.

If you could go back and change on thing about your high school career what would it be?

Honestly, to have been more of a decent student sooner, and just focus on school. Also to realize that sometimes I had to swallow my pride. That’s definitely my advice for the freshmen a well.

What is the worst/most embarrassing moment at Sahuaro?

My most embarrassing moment actually happened October of my senior year, I was going up the stairs but I was so tired that I simply fell asleep right then and there. Some dude tapped me on the shoulder and was like “are you alright?” That’s when I realized I was actually at school.

If you could create one club next year, what would it be?

I would create a book club for the sole reason that none of my friends like to read. It would also be a great way to meet new people and interact with people that like the same things as you.

Where would you most likely take a nap in school?

Mr. Cutler’s because it’s so peaceful in there and I know he wouldn’t mind.

If you could change one school rule what would it be?

Allow students to ditch at least one class. It wouldn’t be mandatory just optional for anyone that’s ever stressed out or in need of a break. They could hang out in the finance office or somewhere peaceful.

What was your best excuse for being late to class?

Although many people won’t believe this, my best excuse was actually a real story. Freshman year I was leaving my house and before I closed the door my dog ran out. I had to chase him all the way down Camino Seco until finally he ran into a yogurt store where I caught him. I didn’t even have time to grab the leash so I had to take him home by the collar.

You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?

I would be Pastel Blue because even if i’m seen as sad I look good.