Join Varsity Club Today!

Varsity Club sponsor and club officers

Lia Ghirardi, Reporter

Interested in joining a club? Look no further than Sahuaro’s Varsity Club!

What is the Varsity Club? The club is “Established to encourage school spirit throughout the Sahuaro community. We come together to support scholarship opprotunities for Sahuaro students,” says club sponsor Lori Emrich.

This club had a late start in the year, but that did not stop members from taking action in their ideas. The club is currently working on 2 big ideas. The first is purchasing apparel with Sahuaro logos and designs. They will start selling this apparel this year, and will continue into next school year at Sahuaro events in efforts to fundraise as much as possible. Currently, they have come up with designs for several articles of clothing. Varsity Club will be selling T-shirts, V-necks, long sleeves, hoodies, and sweatpants. The second idea is creating Sahuaro-themed flower arrangements for seniors at graduation. The plan is to be able to get a few red and blue flowers together in arrangements to sell for preorder to seniors.  The goal is to be able to do this for the Class of 2021, but if we can not complete the project in time, we plan to have it for Class of 2022.
When asked “What is a goal for this club?” club sponsor Ms. Emrich replied, “To make sure that our Sahuaro students are taken care of and have experiences and memories of their time at Sahuaro.”

This club sounds awesome doesn’t it? So how do you join? Meetings are currently held via Zoom. Varsity club meets once a week on Wednesdays to discuss ideas, budgeting, and weekly topics as needed. Meetings typically will last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. For more information, you can email Lori Emrich [email protected] or club President (yours truly) [email protected]. If you are interested in a leadership position, we currently have a spot available for a Vice President.

As President of this club, I encourage you to join! We have big plans and creative ideas that we hope to put into effect by next school year. This is a club that all grades can participate in. Currently, we are a club of only sophomores and hope that by next school year we will have a variety of members. If you feel that the club isn’t a good fit for you, spread the word!

Join Varsity club today! Follow us on Instagram! @sahuaro_varsityclub (For Sahuaro students only)