Get To Know Your Prom King and Queen Nominees

Amanda Mourelatos, Editor in Chief

Prom nominations are here! There are four couples in the running for king and queen: Lexi Guerra and Gabriel Salinas, Conner Pessin and Bethany Seal, Cierra Ridgeway and Lucky Bradfield, and Mia Boatner and Daniel Amans. Voting has already started on the Class of 21 Instagram page, @_sahuaro_2021.

Lexi and Gabriel

To Lexi and Gabriel, winning king and queen would be an honor. Lexi has been dreaming of prom since she saw her older brother go and it is very special to her. Gabriel feels like “it’s something that wraps up the whole high school experience.” About her boyfriend, Lexi said, “Gabriel is such a gentleman and treats me like I’m the only girl in the world. I feel like him as king seems right just because everyone can count on him and he’s so nice to everyone. Gabriel, about his girlfriend, said, “Lexi has been by my side through everything and I truly believe she’s my soulmate. She taught me the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.” If they could pick the song they dance to, they would pick Speechless by Dan and Shay because Gabriel sung it to Lexi on her 16th birthday and it has been their song ever since.

Conner and Beth

Conner and Beth have been together since freshman year and grown together throughout their high school experiences. They’re running just for fun because they’ve never done anything like this before. “Being best friends is what makes us work well together, we genuinely consider ourselves best friends who do everything together,” said Beth. They agree that the other couples in the running are more known than they are and they all deserve to win. Their song to dance to would be Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli and it means a lot to them.

Lucky and Cierra

Cierra and Lucky say, “It would feel great to win, after all the memories we’ve made, this would be another!” What makes their love special is that they have known each other since preschool and they feel their love is pure. Cierra said, “I feel Lucky deserves to win because of the big heart he has! He cares for so many people and does anything he can to bring laughter and comfort to anyone.” Lucky said, “I think Cierra deserves to win queen because of who she is. She’s smart, beautiful, funny, and she’ll never fail to light up a room with her smile.” The other couples running “have their own stories, so we wish nothing but the best for everyone!” They couldn’t decide on a song, but it doesn’t matter, they just want to share that moment.

Mia and Daniel

To Mia and Daniel, winning king and queen “would provide amazing memories for both of us in our high school history!” They believe that they’ve known each other for so long that this award would be amazing to receive. Daniel feels Mia deserves to win queen because “she’s caring, helpful, and driven to help anyone.” Mia said, “Daniel deserves to win because he has always been so kindhearted, hardworking, and sweet to everyone around him.” About their relationship, they said, “We are like best friends, we know each other so well that we can both work on individual projects while maintaining a good relationship!” For their dance, they would want Happy by Ashanti because of all the memories behind the song.

Now you know your potential kings and queens, so vote wisely! Good luck to all the nominees, and see you at prom!