Traveling With Your Teacher

Taylor Gaines, Reporter

Many high school students have a dream of traveling that started when they first figured out how large the world truly is. This dream became a reality for several students over the years who traveled with their teacher in high school.

Kendyl Browne, a Sahuaro graduate, traveled to Italy and Greece in the summer of 2011 with her English teacher, Ms. Lange. The Greek islands of Mykonos and Santorini were Kendyl’s favorite places to explore. “The islands are so clean and nice, it’s what you picture when you picture Greece,” Kendyl stated. She never traveled out of the country until this trip, but it did give her major wanderlust. “It’s really cool, you feel safe because teachers are there, but you’re free from your parents and you’re with friends having a good time.”

Claire Bonin, senior, also took a trip in the summer of 2015 with Ms. Lange. The trip was to Italy, France, Spain, and Switzerland. After asking what her favorite part of the trip was, Claire answered,” Cliff diving in Cinque Terre and the beaches. In Switzerland everyone was nice and it had pretty green waterfalls. I wanted to live there and not come back.” To future travelers Claire’s advice is, “You have nothing to worry about, you’re safe, if there is any civil unrest you won’t see it.” Claire also wants to start traveling more, she has signed up to travel with Ms. Lange again in the upcoming trip to Japan in June 2017.

Callie Maloney, a Sahuaro graduate, also went on an EF trip with Ms. Lange. She went to Australia, New Zealand, and Hawaii in 2013. “As soon as we got home from that trip I was hooked. I knew I wanted to go on another one,” Callie stated. Her senior year here she heard about a trip to Europe to visit Switzerland, Italy, France, and Spain. Callie really wanted to go but had no idea how to pay for it with college starting. Ms. Lange told her, “If there is a will, there is a way.” That message stuck, she got a job and paid for the trip. “It was worth every penny.” Callie says she is now signed up to accompany Ms. Lange on the Japan trip in June 2017. She also states that this summer she is traveling with EF College Break to go to Costa Rica. “I truly know and truly believe traveling is a huge part of growing and finding yourself. If you travel with EF and especially Ms. Lange you will have the time of your life.”

All these trips with Ms. Lange have been through EF (Education First) Tours. If you want information on an upcoming trip, you can go ask Ms. Lange in Room 207. She has two trips planned for 2017: Japan: Land of the Rising Sun (June 2017) – a 9 day trip to Japan, Tokyo, Kamakura, Hakone, and Kyoto; and England , France, and Amsterdam (July 2017) – a 12 day trip to London, Canterbury, Normandy, St.Malo, Paris, and Amsterdam.

IMG_3369 IMG_0095 IMG_0135 IMG_3364 IMG_9696