All About Chris

Tiena Navarro, Reporter

Christopher Apalategui is a senior football player at Sahuaro High School. He plays quarterback, but his specialty is wide receiver. He has been playing football since he was 5 years old. He started liking it because some of Christopher’s family enjoys playing football, influencing him to start his career. I asked him if he is sad it was his last year here playing football. “No, I feel like I played football for  most of my life so it’s a good time to finish it off, and we are going to do good this year.” He feels that the team is more prepared and the team is just all as one this year. I also asked him if he thinks the team is ready this year he said, “Yes we definitely are ready this year – we are going to beat Sabino. Make sure you show some love and go Cougars.”

Christopher also has tattoos; he really likes getting them because he can express himself through tattoos or just explain the meaning of them. His favorite one says:  Let your fear be bigger than your faith. He really likes hanging out with his friends and having fun. But also he likes to be alone sometimes just so he can focus on himself or just do what he wants to do, but he prefers to not be alone. Another thing about Chris is that he does more than football – he also does track as well. At the beginning of his years here at SHS he was in soccer also. Christopher in his free time likes to go to the gym and work out.