Get A Head Start on What You love With JTED

Neela Luna, Reporter

What do you want to be when you grow up? It’s an age-old question that for many years high school students had to wait until they got to college to be answered or pursued. Your own Sahuaro High School held a meeting, on December 6th, 2022 in room 122 with one of JTED’s counselors Tanisha Tatum. What is JTED you might ask?   JTED (Joint Technological Education District) is a free public school district with programs that work with schools and students to offer job training and education in fields of interest to juniors and seniors. JTED allows students to attend school during the day and receive training on a schedule designed for the interested student. However, you must be passing all of your Sahuaro classes before being able to enroll in JTED.

Why go to JTED? Well, JTED gives you elective credit, you can earn college elective credit, and it teaches you real-life skills for the future.  JTED helps with real-world training to gain experience like on-the-job training. This program allows students to gain certifications to go straight into the working world after high school graduation or obtain credits for college in the field of desired studies. A range of technical education for trades is available from culinary, electrical, computer programming, cosmetology, and health care services.

JTED is working to give future generations a head start to hit the work world and be a force to contend with. Along with the JTED campuses, you are also trained on other campuses such as the U Of A. When working on the U Of A campus you help with events, all a part of the experience of learning new skills for your future. “It is a fun experience for everyone and our students really enjoy it! Make your own mark on the world.  Make your own path to your future, not anyone else,” encourages Tatum, “and do all of what you love with JTED.”