• August 16The Paper Cut Will Be The Place To Go For All SHS News!

Weekly Announcements for 8/14/2017

Today is our busy day of the week…our boys golf team will tee off at 3:00 p.m. for the first time this season at home (49ers country club) against Buena and Nogales. Our football team will have a scrimmage game at Mountain View Marana on Wednesday at 5:00. Open house will also be on Wednesday starting at 6:00 p.m. Have a great week Cougars.

We have a Senior Parent meeting on Thursday, August 17 in the Cafeteria at 6:00pm. Jostens will be sharing information on graduation and senior related orders, such as caps and gowns, announcements and more. Please remind your parents so you can get things ordered early!

The solar eclipse is Monday, August 21. People can seriously damage their eyes if they look at the sun during the eclipse. There are several important safety tips to follow when viewing the eclipse:

DO NOT look directly at the sun without approved solar eclipse glasses or equipment.
· Sunglasses will not give enough protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
· If you are joining the solar eclipse viewing on Monday, use an approved method to view the sun so you don not permanently damage your eyes.

Attention all Clubs & Sports – Please re-charter your club as soon as possible so you can be involved in our homecoming tailgate this year. Forms are in the activities office. Business meetings will be held on Thursdays to approve the re-chartering of clubs. Clubs are not allowed to do any fundraising until they are re-chartered. Thank you!! STUCO

Join Link Crew!! Bring the school and classes closer together for a great year! Meet in Ms. Depugh’ s room 230 at the beginning of conference to join or get more information about this service! Thank you! Student Council

Hey Cougars, the Interact Club is looking for new members. If you like volunteering and giving back to people, our club is perfect for you. We do service Saturdays at the school and it’s a great way to “Be the 3”. If you have any questions, you can go to room 327 and talk to Mr. Wells. Our first official meeting will be on Tuesday August 22 right after school in room 327.

Students Can Access StudentVUE the Day After They Log Into Their TUSD Account
Students now have access to Synergy StudentVUE the day after they log into their TUSD account on a district computer and change their password. Once they have changed their password, they can go to https://student.tusd1.org/ at school or at home, and log in using these same TUSD account credentials. Students can also access StudentVUE via the StudentVUE App for iOS and Android.

From the Registrar’s Office:  Attention Seniors and Juniors; When ordering TRANSCRIPTS, YOU MUST LOG ONTO “PARCHMENT.COM” AND REGISTER and place your request through this program.  This is the only way to request transcripts.  Thank you.

“If you are an actor/actress, movie nerd, someone who likes to improv and create characters, or if you just want to be yourself and make new friends, then Drama Club is the place for you! Our first meeting will take place on Monday, August 21st from 3:30-5pm. Drama club is available for all drama students, so, we hope to see you there!”

Are you a Freshman wanting to get involved? Join Student Council! There will be meetings on how to join Tuesday & Thursday, August 22 & 24 in room 230 during conference period.

Join Crew Club!  Interested in helping at football games, and special events?  Join us at Crew Club and make great memories.  First meeting is on August 16th from 2:15-2:45 in the Finance Office.

Sahuaro Seniors! Class shirts are being sold NOW in the Finance Office.  They can be purchased before school, during both lunches, and after school.  Glitter shirts are $14 and non glitter shirts are $12.  Show your spirit for Sahuaro’s Golden Class and buy your shirt now before they run out!

Attn Seniors: Be sure to make an appointment with Silhouette Photography for your senior pictures by Sep 1. Time slots are filling up fast so don’t delay. Make sure your photo is a part of the 5oth anniversary edition of the yearbook. Call Silhouette today at 886-1710 to schedule an appointment.

ASU is coming to our campus on August 23rd! If you are a senior who is interested in attending an in-state university, then this presentation is for you. Sign up in the counseling office before the available spots are filled!

Any students needing to go to the Health Office will need to bring a pass from your teacher. They will not allow students into the office without a pass this year.
Seniors, remember Jostens will be on campus Thursday, during both lunches to take graduation orders!

CHARTERED CLUBS:

Club/ Advisor/ President /Date Chartered

Student Council/ Robin Depugh /Katelyn Kubly
Swim Club /David Kruszewski/ Landon Ogle 8/10/2017
PE Club/ David Kruszewski /Rebecca Green 8/10/2017
Cross Country/ Andrew Christian /Hayden Estrella 8/10/2017
Crew Club /Lori Emrich/ Colin McCune 8/10/2017
Guitar Club/ Ken Marrs/ Brandon Dasso 8/10/2017
Orchestra Club/ Ken Marrs/ Sydney Kitchens 8/10/2017
The Paper Cut/ Eva Lange /Sydney Moyers 8/10/2017
Girls Golf Club/ Megan Hughes /Nikki Hacker 8/10/2017
Girls Soccer Club /David Kruszewski /Taylor Glasser 8/10/2017