Insane Clowns Wreaking Havoc Around U.S.

Caleb Loya, Reporter

These clowns aren’t clowning around anymore. As you may have heard, there have been numerous reports lately about an epidemic of scary looking clowns across the nation. Clowns that like being in the woods and around corners at stores trying to get people paranoid. Worse, some of these clowns have been carrying weapons threatening to  kidnap and/or kill children.

Recently, there has been a report of schools in Reading, Ohio being closed down because of students being threatened by a clown. This clown had attacked a woman on her front porch and claimed to have said,  “I should just kill you now” and “Some kids and teachers will wish they were never born at the Jr. and Sr. High School today.” The clown managed to escape before getting caught.

In South Carolina, there have been kids reporting clown sightings in the woods, trying to lure them in with money. Two suspects, one in a clown mask, brought explosives to a Tennessee bank on September 28th.  The duo stole money from the bank and drove off in a car and police have yet to apprehend them (WND.com).

And in one of the most horrifying incidents, a 16-year-old high school sophomore was brutally stabbed in Pennsylvania by a man in a clown mask.

Many people still don’t believe it, but already there are so many who witnessed it. Police and other investigators are trying to research this whole ‘phenomenon’.  People who dress up as clowns will get arrested or get shot by policemen around the US.  Whether people are playing around or not, it is now a serious threat to dress as a clown and mess around with other people. On the opposite end, this has begun  a Clowns’ Lives Matter Movement.  Clowns and clown- lovers were invited to attend a peace walk on October 15th in Arizona. There were fliers saying not to be afraid and to love the clowns, to bring their families and to celebrate with them.