Cougars Go East – Students Can Sign Up for DC/NYC Spring Break Trip

Tax Credit Money Can Be Used

Cougars Go East - Students Can Sign Up for DC/NYC Spring Break Trip

Several teachers at Sahuaro offer international trips over the summer for student travel, but for the first time, any student can sign up to go to Washington DC and New York City over Spring Break 2018 and use tax credit money to pay for it.  Ms. Lange is sponsoring this EF (Education First) tour. “In the past decade, I’ve brought students to over 22 countries around the world.  I decided that this year, I also wanted students who can’t afford those international trips to have the opportunity for some cultural enrichment.  Students can fundraise the entire trip through Arizona tax credit.”  Ms. Lange is planning an informational meeting for parents on September 26, Tuesday, at 6pm in room 207. Students and parents can sign up and view the price and itinerary by going to https://www.efexploreamerica.com/personal/my-tours/2035800xn/overview and enter the code: 2035800XN or email her at: [email protected] for information.

The itinerary is jam-packed and includes: Exploring Washington, D.C. highlights: Photo stops at the White House, the Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, a visit to one of the Smithsonian museums (National Air and Space Museum, National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of African Art, National Museum of American History), a guided night tour of Washington, D.C. (Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial), the U.S. Capitol and Visitor Center, Exploring the Tidal Basin, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Mount Vernon Mansion and grounds, museum and education center, George Washington’s tomb, Arlington National Cemetery, Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Kennedy gravesites, photo stop at the Marine Corps War Memorial. Exploring New York City highlights: Visit the Empire State Building by night, Visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Marvel at the 151-foot model engineered by Alexandre Gustav Eiffel, of Eiffel Tower fame, Explore the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, Visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, Visit Times Square, Attend a Broadway show (based on a select list of current shows), Take a guided tour of Midtown (Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Bryant Park, Central Park).

The tour is scheduled for Spring Break 2018 and the price of this tour is only $2,119 and includes: Round-trip transportation from Tucson, Air-conditioned motor coach while on tour, Hotel and accommodations, Breakfast and dinner daily, Full-time Tour Director, Daily activities, all tours and entrances to attractions, Overnight security, Gratuities, Illness and Accident Coverage.