Announcements September 30, 2022

Announcements September 30, 2022

Friday, September 30, 2022

Positive Quote of the Day – “A winner is a dreamer who never gave up.” -Nelson Mandela

Cougar Flash –
Today, 09/30 Hello Cougars-
If you are planning on playing a Winter sport- Basketball, Soccer or Wrestling please get your physical and do the ATS paperwork as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please come to the Activities office.

Here are the sports for the rest of the week:
Friday, 09/30- Our Varsity football team has a home game vs. Thatcher. it is also the 44th annual Rick Botkin Memorial Football game. It is the longest-running high school football memorial game in the United States. Kickoff is at 7:00 pm.

Good luck to the cross-country team today as they travel to Phoenix to compete in the Twilight meet.

The soccer preseason meeting will be Tuesday, October 4th at 3:15 in room 113. If you plan on playing this year, please be at the meeting.

All girls interested in Basketball. We will be having a short meeting in the Dance Room- next to the McConnell Gym at 2:30 pm on Wednesday 10/5. Hope to see you there.

Softball has begun Fall Open Workouts this week on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school 3:30-5pm. Please visit Mr. Alan Smith in room 220 for more details.

The Academic Study Clinic is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. in the library. You are encouraged to take advantage of this extra help with your classes.

Picture Retake Day is October 4th. Please use the following schedule to get your picture. Freshman – English 9 Class Sophomore – World History Class
Junior – American History Class You may also go before school during conference period.

Want to be part of a new club? We are starting a Cougar Link Crew on campus. What is Link Crew you ask….. Well, it is a student leadership club that works with amazing students on campus to become “Link Leaders,” to mentor our Freshman Cougars. You will help run a fun interactive Freshman Orientation and plan many Freshman events next year. All this while being trained in leadership skills. If you are interested, please stop by Mrs. Bradley’s office in the counseling department. She will give you all the details.”

If you are a Senior interested in attending the University of Arizona but have not applied for admission there will be an Application Workshop on October 4th during 2nd period. You will have the opportunity to start your application and apply for the Honors college if you’re eligible. Please sign up at the Counseling office as soon as possible.

Grand Canyon University will be on campus on Thursday October 7th during 5th period. If you would like to attend their presentation, please sign up in the counseling office.

Attention Seniors!

The FAFSA application will be opening on October 1st. You MUST have a FAFSA ID before you can access the application. Our FAFSA Peer Coaches will be reaching out to all Seniors this month to help you get ready. If you have any questions or want to get a jump on getting money for college, please contact Mr. Haynes in the Counseling Office.”

Due dates for senior pictures are quickly approaching. Please schedule your appointment. All senior pictures are due before Thanksgiving at Silhouette photography phone (520) 886-1710. Please don’t miss out on having your picture in the yearbook. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Slade in room 230. Silhouette is your official yearbook senior portrait photographer. The yearbook session is FREE. Flyers are available on the counter in the Attendance Office.

Also, please be sure to order your announcements for graduation from Josten’s by the November 15th deadline!

Do you want to win a free prom ticket? Make sure to save your receipt for any senior class fundraiser and write your first and last name on it. Lastly, drop it in the box located in the Activities office to get a chance to win a ticket!!

Everyone needs to educate themselves about the dangers of Fentanyl. It is now being found disguised in Skittles and Nerd candy wrapping. Read the article in The Paper Cut and tell your parents and siblings, especially with Halloween coming up! Go to shsthepapercut.com

Have a COUGARIFFIC Day!