Sahuaro Students Give Advice to Future Freshmen

About the Contributors
Sarah bol
Sarah bol, Reporter
Sarah is a freshman here at Sahuaro High School. She is a very hardworking student and makes an effort to do her best wherever she goes. Sarah has always been an honors student. She was an ambassador for younger kids at Magee Middle School, where she was also a part of the culinary club, writing club, kindness club, the WEB program, and TKAP. She particularly loved being a part of the Tucson Korea Ambassador Program where she got to go to South Korea for half the summer and met some amazing people. Sarah struggled through elementary school because she developed reading and writing skills way later than all the other kids, but she persevered and made the best student of herself. The people who got her through the most were her mom and her sister, Charlotte, because they always made the best example for Sarah and believed in her ability.
Nya Brown
Nya Brown, Reporter
Nya Brown is a freshman here at Sahuaro. She didn't originally start here but is extremely glad she transferred. She was born in Florida and moved here at age ten. She is a singer and a guitarist for one year. She works very hard to grow as a person and hopes to mend all broken relationships one day, she just wants peace. She hopes to continue journalism and guitar throughout high school. Some of her favorite music artists are Taylor Swift, Pheobe Bridgers, Fiona Apple, The Beatles (+ John Lennon's solo work), Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Blink-182, Nirvana, Hole, The Cure, Lil Peep, Depeche Mode, Alex G, Paramore, Pearl Jam, and The Front Bottoms. Some of her favorite movies are The Batman (2022), Elvis (2022), and Scream 6 (2023). Some of her favorite TV shows are Shameless, American Housewife, Breaking Bad, and XO, Kitty. Some of her favorite celebrities are John Lennon, Paul Dano, and Julien Baker. Some of her favorite books are Everything Everything, Wonder, and The Hate U Give. As she gets older, she hopes to do lots of things, such as get her cosmetology license, get her piercing license, go to Harvard, get either a degree in History (specifically to teach 7th-grade social studies), a degree in Theater, Dance, and Media, a degree in Music, while also studying psychology in some way. She hopes to dual major when she gets to college. It would be a dream come true for her to work with Rolling Stone magazine. She plans to move to Massachusetts and reside there for as long as she can see. She hopes to travel the world, but most specifically to all 50 states, France, England, and especially Germany. She studies German and American Sign Language in her free time. She hopes to graduate both high school and college with a 4.0. She's very excited about her first year in the newspaper.
Lynnea Montgomery
Lynnea Montgomery, Reporter
Lynnea Montgomery is a freshman here at Sahuaro High School. Lynnea enjoys reading, sports, traveling, food, and most of all music! Her favorite book genres are fantasy and sadly, romance. Her favorite place she has traveled to is Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. Lynnea loves to listen to music; currently, her favorite artists are Steve Lacey, Brent Faiyaz, Daniel Caesar, Mac Demarco, and Tay K. In Lynnea's leisure time, she enjoys watching TV - some of the shows she likes are All American, The Summer I Turned Pretty, and Boondocks. Lynnea aspires to be a lawyer and also wishes to have her real estate license. She hopes to be able to study at NYU or GSU.
Wynter Nye
Wynter Nye, Reporter

Wynter Nye is a freshman here at Sahuaro High School. She is the oldest of 3 kids; she has two younger brothers ages 9 years and 10 months. She loves to hang out with her friends and write stories and is currently working on publishing one of her older books from 2020 with help from her grandmother. When she's not doing either of those things, she is sleeping or watching TV; her favorite show is The Summer I Turned Pretty or American Housewife. When Wynter is older, she wants to be a pediatric nurse because she has always loved helping little kids in need due to family experiences.  She has been earning money from TikTok since July 2022, and she loves to shop online with the money she earns.  You will ALWAYS catch her buying things off either Amazon or Shein, her two favorite online stores. She is very kind and shy, but she doesn't play around when it comes to people being disrespectful to her friends, family, or herself.

Natalie Bancroft
Natalie Bancroft, Reporter
Natalie Bancroft is a freshman here at Sahuaro. She just transferred into The Paper Cut. Natalie likes knowing more about the students here and writing about the world around her. She also loves hanging out with her friends, like shopping, calling, and school activities. In her free time, Natalie loves to listen to music. She has many different artists/genres she likes, but her favorites are Mazzy Star, Slowdive, Fleshwater, and Evanescence. Natalie was born in Oshkosh, Wisconsin but moved to Tucson when she was only a baby. Ever since elementary, Natalie enjoys having fun at school and making friends. Every year she makes sure to do her best. Natalie thinks she'll like writing choice and headline articles.    
Saphira Trevino
Saphira Trevino, Reporter
Saphira is a sophomore at Sahuaro High School, as well as a reporter for The Paper Cut. She's very outgoing, creative, and has a lot of energy. She's very sweet and others say she has a princess attitude. She has an amazing sense of fashion and wants to be in the fashion industry when she grows up. Her favorite pastimes include painting, writing, watching scary movies, playing with her animals, and bugging her boyfriend with nonsense. She hopes to be on the soccer team this year, as well as do other sports and activities throughout the rest of her high school years.