Sahuaro Seniors Vote for POTUS: Timothy Doe/Michelle Calderon

When you think of someone who could potentially be the future president of the U.S……..who do you think of? One may say Donald Trump or Kennedy, but students at Sahuaro would say Timothy Doe and Michelle Calderon, two seniors at Sahuaro High School. Tim was most likely to become president because of his opinionated personality and ambitious character traits. Michelle was awarded most likely to become POTUS because of her academic accomplishments and bubbly personality.

Asking Tim some hard and heavy questions, such as if he was Republican or Democrat, he stated, “I’m neutral because both sides have things that are bad and good about them, but I wouldn’t want to claim either. I don’t know much about politics, but I know that one side is easier with heavier topics than the other, like gun laws and immigration.” If Tim were president, he says, “I would want to accomplish peace for everyone because that is what matters most. I would also use money to go into the school system because it’s needed. I would also give money to the border and medical system.”

The other winner for Most Likely to be President, Michelle Calderon, gave some good answers to some of my difficult questions. “I am not too political, so when it comes to me being either Republican or Democrat, I would say Democrat but not for any specific reason. If I were president, I would want to create a strong community in our country and bring people together. With what I would spend the money on, I would have better schooling and healthcare to be able to provide more for our country.”

Tim and Michelle both were not expecting to be chosen as most likely to be president, but they both have accepted it and embraced it in some way, shape, or form. Both have strong personalities and ambitions for their selves, which makes them most fit for the position of POTUS.