• October 4Blood Drive October 16th

• September 22FALL BREAK October 8-12

• September 22Teacher Grading Day October 5

Proper Movie Theatre Etiquette

Amanda Mourelatos, Editor of A&E and Commuity Builder

Attending the movie theatres is meant to be an enjoyable experience with fun snacks, comfy seats, a delightful movie experience and, most importantly, NO DISTURBANCES. Therefore, when a couple of teenage girls sitting next to me the other night were talking excessively loud, using their phones during the movie, and moved around way too much, I got incredibly irritated. Quietly, I told them, “Shhh,” then once more when I assumed they didn’t get my memo. They resumed to laughing, gossiping, and doing everything BUT watching the movie. If I want to go out of my way to see a movie outside the comfort of my house, I would appreciate it if people acted maturely. I’m also speaking for everyone else who cares about their movie-going experiences and who would appreciate the same amount of respect.

Some things that would be categorized under acceptable movie theatre behavior include: silencing your devices, communicating with one another when needed and at a low volume, not chewing obnoxiously loud, keeping your shoes on, not constantly shifting in your seat or playing with the recliner button, keeping your phones away when the movie starts, and not leaving trash everywhere. It’s just common sense, I mean it won’t harm you to put your phone away for 2 hours or to pick up your trash because it makes the employees’ jobs easier. It is polite to remain quiet so the movie can be heard and watched without distractions. Like they say before the movie, if you need to talk or use your phone you should step into the hall and come back to the film when you’re finished. It only makes sense, because why go to the theatre if you aren’t going to pay attention to the movie and only to your friend gossiping about her new crush? Why bother to pay for the expensive ticket if Justin Bieber’s livestream is more important? If you think about it, it really doesn’t make sense.

Now, I have said my piece. Thank your for reading, and please silence your cell phones now.

Amanda Mourelatos, Associate Editor-in-Chief

Amanda Mourelatos is a sophomore at Sahuaro High School and the Associate Editor in Chief of The Paper Cut. She is a soccer player who has been playing for over 10 years. She also plays vibraphone in the marching band and plays drum set for fun. Also, she adores rock music and she attends rock concerts very frequently; she will have attended 12 concerts in 5 years at the end of 2018. She enjoys reading, painting, and drawing in her free time to calm her. Her friends describe her as sweet, supportive, understanding, and eccentric. She enjoys making others smile and laugh. Also, Amanda is very easy- going and loves to live in the moment. She has a strong passion for photography and shares the passion with her dad. She has always been better in English than math and embraces it through writing. She loves to nerd out and embrace her love for different television shows, books, and music by quoting them constantly. You will come to find that Amanda is an outgoing, well rounded, and approachable young lady that is just trying to live life to the fullest.