New Yearbook Editor, Satrina Huetter

Jocelyn Reeder, Editor-in-Chief

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for the new Yearbook editor, senior Satrina Huetter. A good editor is critical to producing a good yearbook. While this is only Satrina’s second year in yearbook, she apprenticed under Katelynn Kubly, last year’s editor and Mr. Halfmann, who retired as yearbook sponsor last year.

Satrina jumped from being completely new at yearbook to being in charge. In order to become the editor of the yearbook, “You have to be willing to be reliable with working. Also, you have to write really well and make sure you set due dates.” These are some of Satrina’s fortes. Certain things she has to do is stay on top of staff to do their assignments/pages. She has to make sure pictures are edited and assign pages.

One challenge she has to face is figuring out a new program. The Yearbook staff always used Josten’s but this year they have to go through Walsworth. Another challenge she faces is kids not knowing what to do. “It can get really frustrating sometimes,” reported Satrina.

Anyone can join the yearbook. Right now there are about 30 kids and they are a variety of grade levels. The class is mainly about creativity, so having a creative mind will be beneficial. Satrina stated, “The class is easy, you just have to dedicate your time before, after school, and even at lunch.” Yearbook is a first period class, but the expectation is that students will stay after school each day – from 2:30-7:30 every day except Fridays.

Besides being in charge of making sure the yearbook looks fantastic, Satrina loves to run. She did track and field at Sahuaro. Currently she is attending JTED for Cosmetology. She is getting certified for hair and wants to do something in the field of Cosmetology when she is older.

Satrina balances her social life and yearbook pretty well. When certain pages need to be done, she focuses more on getting them done rather than hanging with her friends. For anyone who wants to join yearbook, Satrina’s advice is “Stay creative and work well.”