10 Ways To Study: 2024

Studying. The vast majority of students anywhere hate it for one reason or another, but (almost) all of us do it so we can get a good grade. So for those of you who hate it or find it challenging, read this article and get some tips on how you can study efficiently to get a good grade for upcoming tests you have in the future, all suggested by other Sahuaro students.

1. “Simply taking and studying your notes is a good way to study. You can take them while you’re in class and study them once you have the free time to do it.”- Jhonathan Garcia, Freshman
  2. “Looking at your past assignments and finding some of the mistakes you made has always helped me out while I was studying for a test coming up.”- Arturo Valenzuela Waters, Freshman
  3. “I often try and get rid of all of the distracting things then lock myself in my room; I set a timer for when I’m done (pause it if you get a phone call). This is more of a personal thing, but I sometimes turn the lights off as well.”- Kayla Escobar, Freshman
  4. “You have to keep up with work and make sure you understand what you are talking about, as well as asking others to help you out with your studying to really make sure you understand what you are studying.”- Cassie Coolidge, Senior
  5. “If you just take five or ten minutes to study you should be fine, that’s what I do.”- Alex Loya, Sophomore 
  6. “You should just get it over with, there’s no use beating around the bush when it comes to studying. Otherwise, you’ll probably never get it done.”- Jack Merritt, Senior
  7. “You just have to try your best and go for it. But…you can try and use something you enjoy to try and study, like using TV, for example, is a way I study, watching movies about the subject I am studying for.”– Faith Blair, Senior
  8. “Definitely pick a room other than your room, otherwise it will be very distracting.”– Maggie Boyd, Junior
  9. “Just making sure you have a calm environment to study is a good way to really focus.”– Civana Halsey, Junior
  10. “You just sort of need to really build up the motivation for it, and then you’ll probably be fine.”– Dylan P, Sophomore 

Now even if none of you who read this are going to take any of this advice, you can at least share this with other kids at this school, or any school, so they can have a good grade on their upcoming test. Best of luck!

View Comments (1)