• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Seniors with the Most School Spirit

The Class of 2024 “Most School Spirit” senior superlative winners are…

In the female category, our winner for the School Spirit senior superlative is Angelica Gutierrez. Angelica loves to participate in our school spirit weeks. Her favorite and what won her some of her votes was last quarter’s “emo day”. It wasn’t surprising to Angelica that she won most school spirit. “People would tell me they wanted to vote me for most school spirit,” she explained. As much as Angelica deserved to win most school spirit, she couldn’t help but feel a little shy and embarrassed because she wasn’t expecting all the attention superlative winners were given.

As far as her time at Sahuaro, Angelica is sad that senior year is almost over, and she’ll be leaving some of her friends behind. Besides that, she is excited to graduate and go to college. “It’s a little sad but I’m really excited to be graduating.” In college, Angelica plans to study biology. She is not sure where in the field she will go but rather will go where her education guides her.

MCR & Metallica! (Nya Brown)

In the male category, there was never any question as to who would win.  Seth Gustafsson…and there is no doubt as to why. He even got his own spirit day where everyone, including Principal Estrella!, dressed like Seth.  Seth enjoys wearing Sahuaro merch and being involved in school activities. “I just love being here at the school and showing school spirit,” he shared. Seth was even the school mascot his sophomore year. Seth’s involvement in school activities and with underclassmen is how he shows his school spirit the most. “I come here every day with a positive attitude and try and be happy to engage with underclassmen in school activities.” Seth wasn’t surprised when he won this award because of how proudly he showed his school spirit and love for our school.

After graduation, Seth plans to continue helping out with coaching and school sports here at Sahuaro while also attending college. Seth has been an active track and football manager for the past three years, along with being the JV soccer captain. He was asked to join the Student Council sophomore year but didn’t join until junior year; he originally was going for member at large but got student body parliamentarian after his interview.

Both of these students show their school spirit every day. Even after graduation, they plan to show their love for our school for years to come. School spirit is more than just merch or spirit week it shows your peers and teachers your appreciation and pride for Sahuaro – something Seth and Angelica do every day.