A New Chapter: Mrs. Fricks’ Departure From Sahuaro

Mrs. Fricks, an exceptional education teacher at Sahuaro High School, is bidding her farewell at the end of this school year. As she prepares to start a new chapter of her life in Colorado with her family, her absence will leave behind a void that will be felt by both students and staff alike. In her 3 years at Sahuaro, she quickly found a sense of belonging within the school’s supportive environment. Reflecting on her time here, she expressed her gratitude for the community and for the staff, which she found particularly comfortable during these past few years. 

Despite the excitement of her new teaching position educating third and fifth graders, she admits she is feeling a sense of apprehension about leaving behind the community she has grown to be familiar with. However, she is eager to continue her passion for exceptional education. Her favorite aspect of teaching is witnessing the “light bulb” moment when a student finally grasps a concept they’ve been trying to understand. It’s these moments of excitement and realization that make teaching such a rewarding profession for her.

Mrs. Fricks is not just a teacher – she is a wife and mother to a vibrant two-year-old daughter. Describing her daughter as “sassy”, Mrs. Fricks cherishes her time exploring new things with her. Whether it’s embarking on adventures, playing soccer, or spending quality time together, she finds joy in sharing these moments with her family. With her husband coaching soccer, it’s no surprise that the sport has a significant role in their lives and her weekends are often filled with soccer-related activities. Outside of her family life, she is passionate about fitness and spending time with her friends.

Mrs. Fricks is thankful for the support she has received from her coworkers during her time at Sahuaro. Although she acknowledges the changes of starting a new chapter in her life, she is eager to embrace her journey enthusiastically and optimistically. As she prepares to drive to her new home, she leaves a lasting image of passion and dedication in her educational field. She expressed her heartfelt appreciation to everyone who has supported her during her duration at Sahuaro. While she may be leaving, she will always be a part of the Cougar family.