Flexing on Flux – Miles Guerrero

Amanda Mourelatos, Editor in Chief

Former Cougar, Miles Guerrero, is a sophomore at the University of Arizona and the newest addition to Flux Indoor Percussion. Flux is an independent open class drumline that functions similar to sports where there’s high school level, college, then after college. Unlike usual marching bands, this only involves drumline and front ensemble, which has stagnant percussion instruments.

Miles has marched with the Pride of Arizona playing snare drum for two years and counting, and he has marched with the Phenom Drum and Bugle Corps for one summer and has a spot reserved for the 2020-2021 season.

“I auditioned for Flux because I’ve wanted to march with a top tier group since I graduated high school, and I only have until I’m 22 to march before I age out, so I gotta make the most of my time now,” he said. Miles feels very excited to march with this group on the snare line.

Despite the trying times, Miles said, “I have never felt safer doing a group activity before going to Flux, especially during this pandemic, the safety precautions we have been taking are amazing and we are not risking anything.” Practices involves masks 24/7 and social distancing to the best of their ability.

Flux’s show this year hasn’t been announced yet, but “it will be very interesting and super unique… something we can’t wait to put out there and let others enjoy.”