• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It Ends with Us: From Book to Blockbuster

The highly anticipated film It Ends with Us is set to hit theaters on February 9, 2024, captivating audiences with its compelling narrative and thought-provoking themes. Based on the bestselling novel by Colleen Hoover, this cinematic adaptation promises to take viewers on an emotional roller-coaster, exploring the complexities of love, sacrifice, and the power of resilience.

The movie, It Ends with Us, directed by Justin Baldoni is giving a live performance of the book, with Blake Lively playing Lily and Justin Baldoni playing Ryle. Many Colleen Hoover fans were unhappy that Colleen had picked older actors as the book’s characters. Hoover explained in June of 2023 that she had chosen more mature actors because making the book’s characters younger was a mistake. When she was writing the book, she did not know that neurosurgeons had to go to school for so long. “There’s not a 20-something neurosurgeon,” she said.

It Ends with Us tells the story of Lily Bloom, a young woman caught in an ear-shattering relationship with Ryle Kincaid, a charismatic and successful neurosurgeon. As their love deepens, Lily discovers that Ryle harbors a dark secret from his past, leading her to question her choices and confront the difficult realities of her situation. Simultaneously, Lily reconnects with her first love, Atlas Corrigan, igniting a spark of hope for a brighter future. The film delves into the complexities of love, personal growth, and the strength required to break free from toxic cycles.

One of the central themes of It Ends with Us is the exploration of relationships, particularly those that are emotionally challenging and abusive. The film sheds light on the often-overlooked issue of domestic violence and victims’ internal struggles when trying to break free. Through Lily’s journey, the audience is invited to reflect on the complexities of love, the power dynamics in relationships, and the importance of self-empowerment.

Mark your calendars and get ready, because It Ends with Us will be released into theaters on February 9, 2024.