• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Gypsy Rose Blanchard’s Release!

Gypsy Rose Blanchards Release!

Gypsy Rose Blanchard has been one of the top people going into 2024. Her story is very well-known, some people would call it iconic. She has been the center of headlines since the date of her prison release, but why should we be celebrating a so-called “icon’s” prison release?

Gypsy’s story is very long and sad. She was raised by her mother in Seattle, Washington. Her mother was obsessed with her daughter, Gypsy, and wanted her in her life forever. The way she made sure Gypsy would never leave or betray her was by brainwashing Gypsy from the age of 8 up to the age of 19. Gypsy’s mother told Gypsy that she was disabled, physically and emotionally. She forced Gypsy to go on several medications for leukemia and muscular dystrophy, also forcing her to be in a wheelchair.

Her mother also made it seem like her brain process was slower than it was; at the age of 15, she would have the brain mentality of a 7-year-old. Gypsy was also medically abused, taking hundreds of pills in one year that she didn’t need.

Gypsy used to be able to sneak her house phone into her room. She later was able to get a connection to dating sites, where she met Nicholas Godejohn. She and Nicholas would Facetime over the internet often. He was her first love interest and she didn’t know how to feel about it because she never got to experience anything like that before. 

She later would confide her thoughts on her plot to murder her mother with her online boyfriend. He flew out to Seattle, where he brutally murdered her mother while she was asleep. They later got sentenced to prison separately, with him doing life and her doing 10 years; she also got parole, so she was able to get released 3 years earlier so her release date was December 28, 2023.

The internet went crazy over Gypsy’s release. There were many documentaries made about her while she was in prison.  She interviewed with Dr. Phil and even had a show made about her called The Act. She also got very popular on TikTok about a week before her release. Now that she is free, she has gained access to social media, posting about her family and her husband. She also is promoting her book and a soon-to-be documentary on her side of the story.