New Couple Alert: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Getty Images
A sign a fan was holding up at the Chiefs game on Sunday

It is a universally acknowledged truth that society has an insatiable curiosity about celebrities’ love lives. We pay attention to headlines, crane our necks to hear a rumor, and believe almost everything we see. The world’s latest “it-couple” has everyone, especially Swifties and Chiefs fans, in shambles.

Travis Kelce during the Chiefs game in Kansas City on September 24th (Getty Images)

Travis Kelce is a football player who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. He has been publically crushing on singer-songwriter Taylor Swift for a couple of months now. On July 8th, Travis attended Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour in Kansas City. On July 26th, during an episode of his New Heights podcast that he does with his brother, Travis shot his shot at Taylor. Travis said that either before or after Taylor’s concert, he wanted to give Taylor a bracelet he made her with his number on it – and not his jersey number. He was, “…disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings.” On September 21st while on The Par McAfee Show, Travis invited Taylor to come watch one of his games. “I told her ‘I’ve seen you rock the stage in Arrowhead, you might want to come see me rock the stage in Arrowhead.’ We’ll see what happens in the near future.”

Taylor Swift watching the Chiefs game on September 24th in Kansas City (Getty Images)

Travis got his wish because, on Sunday, September 24th, Taylor Swift was in attendance in Kansas City for the Chiefs game. Taylor was sitting with Travis’ mother, Donna Kelce, up in Travis’ suite. The cameras were on Taylor throughout a lot of the game and a clip of Taylor cheering after Travis caught a touchdown pass went viral on social media. After the game, Taylor was seen leaving the stadium with Travis in his convertible. Once they were outside of the stadium, they were photographed literally riding off into the sunset. Later that night, Taylor and Travis celebrated the win at an afterparty with other Chiefs players and their partners, and Taylor was photographed with her arm around Travis.

On a new episode of New Heights that came out on Wednesday, September 27th, Travis had something to say about the buzz surrounding his and Taylor’s names. He said, “She looked amazing, everybody was talking about her in great light, and on top of that, you know, the day went perfect for Chiefs fans, of course.” Travis also nodded to Taylor’s song Getaway Car, saying, “And then we just slid off in the getaway car at the end.” Since then, Taylor traveled to Metlife Stadium to watch the Chiefs play against the Jets on Sunday, October 1st. Taylor was with her friends Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, and Sophie Turner, and she was videoed giving Donna Kelce a big hug.

Taylor Swift, Blake Lively, and Ryan Reynolds watching the Chiefs game in East Rutherford (Getty Images)

As a huge Taylor Swift fan, I can proudly say that I am so here for Taylor and Travis. Traylor? Tayvis? Taylor Kelce? Whatever their ship name may be, I love to see them together. Despite having very different professions, they have very similar personalities and I think they could work really well together. There is a lot of speculation around their names right now, but I think it’s safe to say that Taylor looks so happy with Travis whether she’s supporting him at his games or driving off in his car with him. Taylor’s Eras Tour picks back up on November 9th in Argentina, so it’s unclear what the future holds for Taylor and Travis seeing as they are both going to be very busy in the upcoming months. Whatever is to come for them, I wish them both the best!