• November 3Football Game: Sahuaro VS Seton Catholic Prep @ 7

Weekly Announcements for November 13th-November 16th

Caleb Pendleton, Op-Ed Editor

Cougar Flash – Congrats to our Football Team for their 63-19 win over Seton Catholic to move to the Semi Finals against Salpointe. They play at 7:00 pm at Mountain View Marana High School. We will have a spirit bus for the game. Depending on the number of people interested in going on Friday, the cost of the bus is $5. Be sure to also bring $5 for your ticket and don’t forget you school ID, or you will have to pay $10. Of course bring additional money to purchase food and drinks. If you wish to go to the game on the spirit bus, you need to pick up a permission slip from the activities office ASAP. Go Cougars!!!

Congrats to our band for their fantastic finish at Campo Verde High School in the 1A-4A State Championships. Congrats also to Skyler DeVaughn and Chayse Hilman for representing Sahuaro in the State Cross Country meet.

Congratulations to the Speech and Debate team! They competed in a tournament at Mesa Mountain View last weekend. Halley Hughes and Calvin Mueller went 2 and 2 in public forum debate, Winta Tekle placed 2,2 and 4 in her speech rounds, and Halley Hughes got to the finals of informative speaking and got a trophy for 6th place. Great job!

Our Varsity girls basketball team will be headed to Phoenix to scrimmage Perry, Higley and Leading Edge Academy on today. Our girls soccer team will host Marana High School at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday night and our boys soccer team will be headed to Tucson High School on Friday
night to play the Badgers at 6:00 pm.

Tutoring with Ms. Hall on Tuesday and Thursday has been cancelled this week. Have a great week and GO COUGARS!!!

All girls interested in softball and are not currently playing another sport, please come out for conditioning on M, T, and W at 3:45 pm.

The prices of admission to the game are as follows…$10.00 for adults, $5.00 for students with a high school ID, $ 5.00 Active Military and Senior Citizens (62 and over). Children 5 and under admitted free. Student and or family passes cannot be used for the State Game. The Arizona Interscholastic Association sets the prices.

Girls tennis players – Come out and play tennis from 3:30-4:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get ready for the season. Get your paperwork in now! See you on the courts.

Beginning today November 13th, boys tennis will be playing tennis from 3:30 till 5pm each Tuesday and Thursday. If you are interested in playing or have any questions, please stop by Mr. Lawwill’s room, 133.

Attention all Fine Arts students: All of you must be sure to register for your fine arts class in our ATS system. If you have not done it yet this year, please see Ms. Genung in the activities office and she can explain what you need to do. This needs to be done ASAP! If you are not
sure, please check with your teacher.

“Students and Teachers, please remember that selling items without membership in a club or submitting a fundraiser request form for a club is prohibited. If you have any questions please
See Mr. Shingler in Rm. 232.”

Our annual Winter Formal is coming up on Saturday, December 1. Tickets will be sold in the Finance Office beginning November 7. The pre-sale price is $35 for a single and $65 for a couple and the prices will go up on November 19 to $40 for a single and $75 for a couple. The dance will be at the JCC from 8 pm until 11:30 pm.

Are you interested in math or science?  Join SARSEF club, meetings are Fridays after school in room 107.

Attention Student Body:
The 1st Quarter Honor Roll of 3.25 GPA and Higher is now posted at the entrance of the Attendance office.  If you are curious as to if, you made it, check it out!  If you didn’t make, now you have something to strive for! – thank you, your Registrar. (11/16)

The 11th Annual African American Youth Heritage Day registration forms are now available. Heritage Day will be on Friday, February 15, 2019. Please stop by the activities office and pick up the instructions for registration. The deadline to register is December 20, 2018.

Please remember that ID’s are mandatory and should be worn at all times.  Please help to enforce this and set an example by wearing yours.

SENIORS:
Seniors, Many of you have NOT taken the time to do these two very important steps.

#1- Verify how your name will appear on your DIPLOMA.

#2-Pick up an instruction sheet on how to

Register and Request Transcripts on Parchment.com. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS FROM SAHUARO HS. So, stop by the Registrar Counter and do these two simple but Important steps Cougars! Thank you~ Ms. Patty-Registrar. (End of 1st Semester)

Seniors,
Just a friendly reminder that Jostens of Southern Arizona will make one last visit to campus TODAY, during both lunches so you can place your graduation cap and gown order, get last minute senior gear (in time for PLAYOFFS!!!), order your class ring and your custom letterman jacket (attached).

Remember . . . all you’ll need is a $75 deposit for everything and you’ll have all year to pay it off, no interest, no minimum payment and no additional charge.
You can even shop at:

https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1001997/Sahuaro-High-
School/ and print your order forms and bring in. We will also receive payments if you have
already ordered.

Those who ordered a custom class ring . . . we have received those and will bring them to campus so you can see your custom class ring, make payments and start wearing it now!!!

Have a Cougariffic Day!!

Caleb Pendleton, Op-Ed Editor

Caleb Pendleton is a junior at Sahuaro High School and this is his first year in The Paper Cut. His favorite thing's to do are listen to music as well...