Weekly Announcements for February 4 – February 8

Back to Article
Back to Article

Caleb Pendleton, Op-Ed Editor

Cougar Flash –Congratulations to our wrestling team for a great year.  Also, Congrats to Matthew O' Brien and Brexton Thomas for qualifying for the State Wrestling Meet on Thursday and Friday in Prescott, Arizona. Best of luck. Congrats to the speech and debate team.  They competed in the Wildcat Cup at the U of A last weekend.  Raquel Thrall got 5 th place in informative speaking, Christina Niyigena got 4 th place in informative speaking, Winta Tekle got 3 rd place in informative speaking and Nousha Aldhefery got 2 nd place in humorous interpretation.  Great job speech and debate!

Good luck to our girls soccer team as they begin the State Playoffs on Saturday.  It looks like it will be a home game starting at 2:00 p.m.  More details to come soon.

The varsity girls basketball team will play again at home next Tuesday, February 12 at 7:00 pm, for the 1 st Round of State.

Reminder that Spring Sports have started.  Make sure you get all of your paperwork completed online and your physicals turned in.  See Ms. Genung or Coach Botkin in the Activities office. Good luck to all our spring sports teams!
Clubs/Student Council “The Auto club would like to thank all of the students and faculty who took part in the Car Show last Saturday. We had right at 120 cars, trucks and dragsters there. Anyone who was there can tell you of the quality of the vehicles that showed up. We received many compliments on how smooth the show went including parking, registration, and the great food service. All of this could not have happened without the support of the Cougar Community. Thank you again from the Auto Club.” Students, please wear red and blue on the first Friday of the month to show school spirit. Those who participate will be rewarded.

“Students and Teachers, please remember that selling items without membership in a club or submitting a fundraiser request form for a club is prohibited. If you have any questions please See Mr. Shingler in Rm. 232.”
Students, wearing to student ID is mandatory. When arriving late to school, please have it ready. Wear your ID every day and be on time to school.

Upcoming fundraisers for our senior class are the following:
Tuesday, February 12 In N Out on Broadway
Remember to show a flyer or say you are with Sahuaro HS! Support our class – all proceeds go to Prom!! (Until 2/12)
Any student intending to take an AP test in May, who has not already received an AP Packet, please go to room 224 and pick one up from Mrs. Depugh. The following payment deadlines for the AP Tests are: Deposit of $25.00 per test- February 25, 2019 Fee Reduction forms with the appropriate signatures and $25.00 per test is February 25, 2019 Final balance payment of $69.00 per test is due March 11, 2019. Please note if any student needs accommodations because of a 504 or IEP, the deadline for the submission form for accommodations to College Board directly, Friday, February 22, 2019.

The Theater program is gathering Dr. Pepper cans for their new show coming in March, “The Hamlet Thrill-Maggedon”. Their goal is 3,000 cans of Dr. Pepper. Please help donate ANY Dr, Pepper products – such as boxes, liter bottles, bottle caps and cans. They are accepting diet and regular Dr. Pepper – all Dr. Pepper products are wanted.3,000 is the goal! Thank you for your help!
Attention All Students: We do not accept any food deliveries from Uber, Door Dash, Grub Hub or anything else. If they come in to deliver food, we will turn them away. Please do not order any food to be delivered here on campus.
All students who have registered on-line for the Annual African American Youth Heritage Day need to come to the activities office to pick up a permission slip. Please check the list of names posted just out side of the activities office. Please check to make sure you are on this list. Then turn your permission slip in to Ms. Genung in the activities office by Friday, February 8.
Seniors

Seniors, seniors last day for Senior quotes is today, Friday, Feb. 8. Drop your quote in Rm 122.  Thanks.

Lost and Found

Found – girls ring. Also found a key on a lanyard.

Have a COUGARIFFIC Day!

Caleb Pendleton, Op-Ed Editor

Caleb Pendleton is a junior at Sahuaro High School and this is his first year in The Paper Cut. His favorite thing's to do are listen to music as well...