Weekly Announcements for April 8th – April 12th

Caleb Pendleton, Op-Ed Editor

Positive quote of the day: “What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world
and learning.” Chuck Grassley

Cougar Flash Hello Cougars- We are winding down our Spring Sports Season.  Come out to some games and cheer on your Cougars.

Monday-04/22- Varsity baseball and softball will host Senior Night.  Come out and support our seniors at 4pm in their last regular season home game. Softball seniors are Alyssa Botkin and Bri Jackson. Baseball Seniors are… Dom Erickson, Emelio (Gonzo) Gonzalez, Jesus Guerrero, Zach Metropoulos, Anthony Doherty, Justin Lackey, Malik Cook, Damion Wright and Matti Valenzuela. Our JV Baseball and Softball teams will travel to Amphi High School for 5pm games.

Tuesday-04/23- Our 3 levels of Boys Volleyball will travel to Ironwood Ridge for games at 4,5 and 6pm.

Wednesday-04/24- Our Track and Field Team will travel to Desert Vista for an Invite.

Thursday-04/25/19- Freshman Boys Volleyball will travel to Flowing Wells for a 4pm game.

Have a great week and Go Cougars!!!

Hey track kids, have you picked up your track shirt and hoodie from Rutherford’s Room? Swing by before school! All JV athletes need to turn in their uniforms to Rutherford, but you still need to come to practice. ALSO the Sahuaro Olympics is coming up, start talking with your friends to form a team! Everyone at Sahuaro is invited. The date is to be determined! More info will be sent out next week. SAHUARO OLYMPICS!!

NHS! Are you interested in joining National Honor Society? Have a 3.5 GPA or higher? We are accepting new applications for next year. Get an application from Rutherford in room 100. Deadline is Wednesday April 24th. There is a mandatory meeting for all new applicants Thursday, April 25 after school in room 100.

The cafeteria is now selling Dominos Pizza on Wednesdays at lunchtime! They will continue selling this for the remainder of the school year. So, remember that on Wednesday you now have the option to have delicious Dominos pizza for lunch!

Clubs/Student Council
Prom tickets are now on sale in the Finance Office for $55 for a single and $100 a couple. The tickets prices will go up on April 23 to $65 a single and $110 a couple, so be sure to get your Prom ticket today!

Attention Seniors! Plan your next step after graduation. A Curriculum Tutor from the Mexican American Student Services Department will be on campus today to assist you with FAFSA, college applications, and career advice. Please stop by Room 227 before 3 rd period
in order to sign up.

If you are interested in joining Varsity Club, we will have a meeting on May 9 at 8:15am during conference period in the Finance Office. Varsity Club raises money for kids at Sahuaro who cannot afford school items.

“Students and Teachers, please remember that selling items without membership in a club or submitting a fundraiser request form for a club is prohibited. If you have any questions please See Mr. Shingler in Rm. 232.”

Yearbook prices have gone up to 85.00 dollars.  Then they go up again starting April 30 to 90.00 dollars. You can still purchase yours in the Finance office until the end of the year.

Students stop by the Finance Office before school, during lunch or after school to purchase Sahuaro T-Shirts for $10.00 to wear and show your school pride.  We also have pop sockets and Sahuaro Stickers available for purchase.

Please wear your student ID everyday and be on time to school!

We do not accept any food deliveries from Uber, Door Dash, Grub Hub or anything else. If they come in to deliver food, we will turn them away. Please do not order any food to be delivered here on campus.

Have a COUGARIFIC Day!