• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How to Celebrate Halloween In Tucson

Getty Images
Halloween illustration. Hi-Res jpg included (5200 x 5200 px).

Fall is here in Tucson! And just as the cooler weather rolls around, so does the spooky season. While many might believe that Tucson doesn’t have much to offer for Halloween, they couldn’t be farther from the truth, so here are some spooktacular events to attend!

Boo at the Zoo is the purr-fect late-evening event to dress up and stroll around Tucson’s Reid Park Zoo. While Animal Viewing is Minimal the zoo has many fun activities and treats. The event is October 20 – 22, and 27 – 29; Entry time to 8:30 p.m.  So, “Come As You Aren’t!” to the annual Boo at the Zoo!

Next on our Fang-tastic list is the Nightfall at Old Tucson. For this year’s 3oth anniversary, Nightfall’s theme is ‘Nightfall Resurrected’ and has five all-new, horrifying haunted mazes, four new scare zones, and two brand new terrifying stunt shows! Nightfall is around for the whole month of October and is Thursday- Sunday. Online and walk-up pricing vary, so visit Nightfall’s website for more information.

The third event on the list has been voted as Tucson’s best-haunted attraction for over a decade! Terror in the Corn is a terrifying corn maze with creatures lurking around every corner, try your best to navigate through the maze with only the dim moonlight to guide you… But that’s not all, you can also visit the other attractions like the escape room, axe throwing, or even The Blood Bank where you have to escape bloodthirsty vampires to prevent them from being the next special on the menu!  Terror in the Corn is every weekend in October from 6 pm-midnight except the nights of OCT. 19, 22, 26, 29, 30, and 31 where the event closes at 10 pm. Terror In the Corn 2023 is going to be the greatest and ghastliest yet!

To wrap up our spooktacular list, we are ending with the infamous SlaughterHouse which was rated the #1 Haunted house in the US in 2021! The SlaughterHouse has over 50 horror-themed rooms, and this year they have added ‘HELLEVATORS’ that take you down into the deep dark that lies under the haunted house…  The SlaughterHouse’s opening hours vary by the date, so visit their website for the calendar and ticket prices.

That concludes the spooky season list!! Make sure to stay safe and have a Happy Halloween!