• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Things to do over Fall Break!

Getty Images
A family goes out for a hayride on a clear fall day

After the rush to get into the feel of the new school year, kids are finally able to have a little time off. However, it is still important to keep students active physically, mentally, and socially. With fall break comes with much more free time. As the sun sets earlier and the weather cools down, some students may be more inclined to stay indoors with their screens. To avoid staying in your room all day, here are some fun fall activities with friends and family!

Fall is possibly the best kind of weather to be outside, with its enjoyable temperatures and captivating environment. The Terror Of the Corn is a fun attraction that is rated one of the best-haunted corn mazes in the city. General admission tickets are only $28.

Pumpkin patches are a fall break classic. You can pick any size pumpkin you want and carve them or paint them. Then when Halloween comes around, you have decorations outside your door! The Old Town Nightfall in Marana is a lovely event with multiple activities like hayrides, haunted house walkthroughs, and more. Tickets start at $30.

Teenagers need to keep a sustainable social life, for them to have good mental health. Going to fairs would be a great way of going out and socializing with friends. If you aren’t into going out in big crowds, you could go on a picnic, and do artwork with others at the park, showing off the amazing art skills that you have. If you just want to stay inside and chill, you could have a horror movie marathon with hot chocolate and smores.