Girls Volleyball Scrimmage: Go Cougars!

Gianni Martinez, Reporter

On August 28, 2019 at approximately 4:30pm, the Sahuaro Girls Volleyball team faced against Rincon and Tanque Verde in a competitive game of volleyball. We’ve had quite a history with Tanque Verde and Rincon, due to matches in the past, however this was only a friendly scrimmage and we will be facing them again later this season! On that note, we will be having our first volleyball game on September 3rd, 2019 at Palo Verde, can’t wait to see all of you there cheering on our amazing girls volleyball team as they come face to face with the Titans!

Varsity player, Tiana Cook who started in the scrimmage stated that our girls “played a very tough and competitive game, yet still friendly and fun matches.” However the same wasn’t said for Rincon, long story short, we came in close and it was for sure a nail-biting match between Sahuaro and Rincon, although, because this is a friendly game, there was no set score, just fun and volleyball. I believe that we have an amazing team of girls on our campus who work really hard as a team and bring out the best in each other.

Did I mention we even have a new assistant volleyball coach who is side-by-side with our former Cougar, Adam Shingler! Yes, he’s back and leading our girls volleyball team into victory.