Sahuaro Announcements – Decemeber 1, 2021

Sahuaro Announcements - Decemeber 1, 2021

Wednesday, 12/1- Our Wrestlers will open against Sabino and Pueblo at Sahuaro. First match is at 4pm.

Thursday, 12/2- Our Girls Basketball team will open their home schedule vs. Amphi. JVB is at 4pm, JVA is at 5:30 and Varsity plays at 7pm. The boys’ basketball team will be at Amphi. Our Boys and Girls Soccer team will play at Salpointe in the Brandon Bean Tournament. Times to be determined.

Friday, 12/3- Our Boys basketball team will play at home vs. Walden Grove. JVB is at 4pm, JVA is at 5:30 and Varsity plays at 7pm. The Girls basketball team will travel to Walden Grove. JV-A will play at 4:30 and Varsity will play at 6pm

Boys’ tennis will begin open workouts beginning Tuesday November 30th on Tuesday and Thursday each week from 3:30 till approximately 5pm. Players will meet at the upper courts, any questions just stop by Mr. Lawwill’s room, 133, thanks!!!

Softball coming up. Come see Mr. Alan in room 220 or coach Bacon on the softball field at 3:30pm.

Track preseason is still happening. Practice today will be 2:30 – 4:30 Thursday and Friday 3:30 – 5:30

We will also continue practice through the break 3:30 every day. See you on the track.

If you have any questions, please see Ms. Slade in room 227

“It’s time for our annual toy drive. At Sahuaro we collect toys to give to our local hospital during the holidays. The toy drive starts Wednesday, December 1st and will continue through December 15th.

Please Donate new toys only. We will be collecting all the toys in your English classroom. The winning English class period will get a donut party! Thank you and happy holidays! “

The Academic Study clinic (ASC) Is in the Library Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30PM -5:30 P.M. It is an opportunity for students to get help with their studies.

The Valley Foundation is offering scholarships to provide financial assistance to students who have not earned the highest-grade point averages. A good citizenship record and participation in school activities are important.

Please see your counselor if you are interested.

On Wednesday, December 8th the class of 2022 will host a fundraiser at Texas roadhouse on Broadway and Wilmot from 4PM until 9PM. Be sure to go out and support your seniors.

•Attention Cougars! Presale tickets for Sahuaro High School Winter Formal is live today during 1st and 2nd lunch. Order your tickets today for $25 for one and $45 for couples. Tickets will be sold in the finance office next to the cafeteria! Tickets will be first come first serve so buy your tickets fast!

•Want a chance to win a free couple ticket to winter formal? Write your name and grade today during 1st and 2nd lunch to enter. There will be ONE winner per grade. Winners will be announced this Friday during 5th period.

•Hello cougars! Today we will be having nominations for Winter Royalty. Be sure to cast your nominations for the three titles: Queen, King, & Sovereign during 1st and 2nd lunch TODAY.

Students, please take pride in your school! Pick up your trash and put them in the trash cans located all over the school. Thank you

Have a great week and Go Cougars!!!