Trae Young

Trae+Young

Trae Young was born in Lubbock, Texas on Sep 19, 1998. Growing up to be an NBA star, Trae Young’s grandfather had inspired him to play basketball his whole life due to the fact his grandfather was also a basketball player.  At the age of 10, Trae Young’s grandfather passed, only to inspire him more to chase his dreams and project to get into the league.

He was known from high school to varsity for being a small kid with a big range. Trae Young was introduced to the game by his father, Rayford Young, who played at Texas Tech. Young’s best friend in the NBA is Michael Porter Jr., the rising talent with the Nuggets, which is also one of my favorite teams. Trae Young’s skills and attention he attracted, improving every game, made him up-to-the-chart comparison with Stephan Curry, one of the best shooters in the NBA. Trae Young also inspires me because of his positive fan base. Not to mention, Young’s ball game was on point through high school, scoring way above average points, carrying his teams to the win.

He began playing high school ball as a sophomore and averaged 25 points. The next year, he averaged 34, and then 42 as a senior, which is really good for the years of high school. Even Kobe Bryant’s daughter, Gigi, was a huge fan of Trae Young’s performance in his games. Young’s inspiration wasn’t even a famous rich person or nice thing; in an interview, he was saying that he’s going to play harder and harder to win these games all for his father Rayford Young. Trae also ended up picking up a catchy nickname and fans started calling him “Ice Trae”.

Ice Trae was also really known for his unique play style for outstanding 3 pointers and flashy layups. Young was also considered the best player in the 2017 recruiting class by scout.com, little did he know he was going to be an NBA star, getting compared to one of the best basketball players in the world. That are some facts and interesting things to know about the famous Ice Trae Young.