Bus Driver Goes Viral On Tik Tok For Cussing Out Students

Summer Campbell

Jackie Miller, an Ohio bus driver, recently went viral for cussing at a student for spraying their perfume on the bus. Ms. Miller resigned from being a bus driver at the Amherst Exempted Village school district on March 30th. The Tik Tok video has gained millions of views and shares since its release. She apologized for cussing at the student saying, “I do apologize for my actions, but I won’t take it back.”

In the video, you can see the bus driver confronting the student asking for their perfume but the student responded by saying that they “didn’t do anything” and did not spray their perfume. In the video, you can hear Ms. Miller getting angry and saying things like “D*****, how much more do you expect me to f*****g take?”. The bus driver says she has asthma and strong scents can cause asthma attacks. She says the students were aware of her asthma since she had an asthma attack a month prior. The student was punished for what they did and have been dealt with privately.

Although some people are upset with Ms. Miller for her actions, others have started a GoFundMe to support her and so far they have raised around $60,000. The fundraiser page wrote “Bus drivers, teachers, cafeteria workers, janitors, and school staff are the hardest working people and a huge influence on our children, yet they continue to be underpaid and underappreciated. Kids these days are out of control and no one is allowed to reprimand them in fear of losing their job.” The bus driver responded to the overwhelming amount of support by saying “There’s no words to say how grateful that I am.”

Would you support Ms. Miller or be upset with her for this?