College Football Star Gives Scholarship to Teammate Who Was Struggling to Stay in School

Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
YPSILANTI, MI – NOVEMBER 27: Eastern Michigan Eagles quarterback Preston Hutchinson (10) celebrates his touchdown with Eastern Michigan Eagles offensive lineman Brian Dooley (77) during the Eastern Michigan Eagles vs Central Michigan Chippewas game on Friday November 27, 2020 at Rynearson Stadium in Ypsilanti, MI (Photo by Steven King/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

College football star, Brian Dooley, an offensive lineman at Eastern Michigan University, gave his full-ride scholarship to his teammate, Zack Conti, an offensive lineman. Noticing that Conti worked very hard on and off the field pushed him to work harder as well. Conti struggled to make enough money to continue his football career. Though he never asked anyone for help, he was very aware that his teammates knew about his situation.

Conti was mainly struggling with his financial situation because his mother is searching for a kidney donor and was donating his plasma to make money for her. Dooley went into coach Creighton’s office and told him about the surprise for Conti saying, “That guy deserves it.”  Every month the team has a team meeting. At this month’s meeting, Dooley and Creighton surprised Conti with the scholarship. After being surprised with the scholarship Conti said, “It just felt unbelievable, like all my hard work had paid off.” While this story goes viral, both Conti and Dooley told reporters that since the surprise, they both have been focusing on school and football.