That ’70s Show: Star Danny Masterson Sentenced to 30 Years in Prison.

Many people know Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde from That ’70s Show; some might know him as just a talented actor.  What people might not know is that he sexually assaulted several women between 2001-2003 while filming.

Danny Masterson was born on March 13, 1976, in Long Island New York, but he grew up in Albertson, New York. Danny played in many shows and movies for decades. Besides That ’70s Show, he is also known for playing Milo Foster in Men at Work, and Jameson “Rooster” Bennet in The Ranch.

Danny Masterson was first accused of rape sometime in 2017; in 2020 he was charged with the rape of three women. For privacy reasons, they became known as “Jane Doe 1, 2, and three”. These women ranged from 23 to 28 years old. These three members were, along with Masterson, members of the Church of Scientology, a more recently created religion that has been defined as a cult or business. These women described, “in detail” that they were drugged and raped at his Hollywood home. Jane Doe 1 even shared during the trial that she was asleep when the assault took place.

Masterson’s first trial date was on October 18, 2022. There were many open statement trials and mistrials from November 2022 to April 2023. Danny’s stepsiblings sent letters to the jury, trying to request leniency with Danny’s 30 years to a life prison sentence. Danny’s former stepfather challenged the validity of his stepchildren’s letters to a judge, saying in his own explicit words, that it was nonsense.  Finally, on Tuesday, September 7th, 2023, Danny was charged with 30 years to life in prison.